AKRON, Ohio, Sept. 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- This week at its Danville, Va., commercial tire manufacturing plant, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (NYSE: GT) staged a live simulation of its fleetHQ and business solutions programs. In addition to premium Goodyear and Dunlop tires, fleetHQ provides 24/7 roadside assistance and a variety of other services and tools to address fleet needs.
The simulation took attendees through the process of a fleetHQ road service sequence, but was more than just a step-by-step demonstration of the popular program, according to Bruce Woodruff, director of business solutions marketing, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems.
"We wanted to demonstrate all of fleetHQ's many components, which, when fully leveraged and working together, can help fleets make better business decisions, improve truck uptime and drive down their cost of operation," he said.
fleetHQ benefits are available to fleets of all sizes, from owner-operators to the largest national fleets, noted Woodruff. Goodyear solutions, among others, include:
- A preferred fleet program that includes nationwide pricing and billing available through the fleet or owner-operator's hometown dealer. "Once you establish your tire and service program with your local participating fleetHQ dealer, you will pay the same price for covered fleetHQ services, regardless of where you get service throughout the fleetHQ network. For preferred fleets, billing is handled through your hometown tire dealer, so you don't need to carry cash."
- The fleetHQ Solution Center, where trained tire professionals work around the clock to help get trucks back up and running by dispatching service technicians from one of more than 2,000 dealer locations to downed trucks' locations. fleetHQ users can contact the Solution Center via a dedicated phone number, 1-866-fleetHQ; online at www.fleetHQ.com; or through a smartphone web app. "Your smartphone's built-in GPS can pass your location to the fleetHQ Solution Center, where trained tire professionals will quickly dispatch road service technicians," said Woodruff. "The application is available for iPhone, Android and Blackberry users."
- TV Track, a powerful online tire management tool that helps fleets and owner-operators monitor their tire performance. TV Track also can capture vehicle information, tire wear conditions, and more. Individual fleet reports are available online.
- Gold Medallion retreaded tires, available in six of the most popular medium truck tire sizes.
- TirePix, a service that provides photos of tires that were replaced during a road service call.
- The fleetHQ Truck Stop Network, a network that includes more than 300 locations. Participants include Wingfoot Truck Care Centers, Travel Centers of America, Petro Truck Stops, PTP Truckstop Network and Boss Truck Shops.
"Many benefits, such as the fleetHQ Solution Center, are offered at no cost to fleets," said Woodruff. "The fleetHQ program – including its diverse and powerful components -- demonstrates Goodyear's ongoing commitment to helping our customers save time and money."
Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems offers a broad portfolio of products and services to the commercial fleet industry, including a full range of original equipment and replacement tires. This includes the 24/7 fleetHQ Solution Center, national programs, tire management tools, online information, and business problem-solving tools for tomorrow's commercial fleets. For more information on the fleetHQ program, go to www.fleetHQ.com.
SOURCE The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company