WASHINGTON, March 14, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A bipartisan group representing the nation's city and county governments will unveil an independent report documenting the metro economic impacts of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program in select cities, including the generation of jobs, economic output, labor income and state and local taxes.
The report, issued by IHS Global Insight, will show how CDBG generates broad based economic benefits in local economies, including the use of CDBG to attract additional investment in important public and private sector community and economic initiatives.
Selected Senators and Representatives have been invited to attend.
Who: Select Group of Senators and Representatives
National League of Cities
- NLC President James E. Mitchell, Jr., Council Member, Charlotte, NC
- NLC First Vice-President Ted Ellis, Mayor, Bluffton, IN
United States Conference of Mayors
- USCM President Elizabeth B. Kautz, Mayor Burnsville, MN
- USCM Community Development and Housing Chair, Newton, MA Mayor Setti Warren
National Association of Counties
- NACo President B. Glen Whitley, Judge, Tarrant County, TX
- NACo Member Rushern L. Baker III, County Executive, Prince George's County, MD
IHS Global Insight
- Regional Economies Director James Diffley, Lead Author of Report
When: Wednesday, March 16, 2011
9:00 a.m. (sharp)
Where: Senate Hart Office Building
Room 902 (use the north elevator bank)
Note: Any camera crews must be members of the Senate Press Gallery. Daily passes available through the gallery. Continental breakfast will be provided.
SOURCE National League of Cities