PITTSBURGH, April 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockton is pleased to announce it has entered the Pittsburgh market to enhance the risk management, employee benefits and retirement services strategies of local, regional and national organizations. With the economic growth and innovation in western Pennsylvania and surrounding areas, risk management and total rewards needs are increasing exponentially. Lockton, the world's largest privately held, independent insurance broker and consultant, is excited to become part of the local business community and help companies protect their most valuable assets – their people, property and reputation. Pittsburgh will be part of Lockton's Midwest operation.
Over the past two months, Lockton has hired five key industry experts to launch its Pittsburgh office, serve clients and build a local team:
- Michael Brodzinski brings nearly 15 years of consultative risk management and senior leadership experience at global brokers and carriers. In addition to his role as a strategic risk consultant, Michael will lead the development and expansion of Lockton's new Pittsburgh office.
- Mark Weber has spent almost 15 years developing total rewards and employee benefits programs at national and global brokers. He will consult with Lockton clients to help them achieve their human capital goals.
- Rich McElhaney joins with 27 years of experience as a risk manager and loss control consultant, and he will enhance the employee safety programs of Lockton clients. Rich is a world-renowned keynote speaker who has delivered his "The Real Cost of Safety" address around the world.
- Tony DeRiggi brings experience both from his time at a large power equipment company and as a consultant at a global broker supporting high-risk businesses. He will use his experience to advise Lockton clients on complex risk solutions.
- Taylor Troiano is a seasoned risk management professional with experience helping clients across a variety of industries. He will partner with Lockton clients to mitigate risk and navigate the complicated healthcare environment.
"We have been looking to join the Pittsburgh community for some time, but we wanted to make sure we had a strong leader and industry experts to lead the charge," said Kevin McDaniel, president of expansion for Lockton Midwest. "Mike is the right person to lead our expansion into this market. He, along with Mark, Rich, Tony and Taylor will help us build a strong team in Pittsburgh to deliver on Lockton's client-focused service model."
Lockton is creating new jobs in Pittsburgh and is currently hiring for a variety of client service positions including account managers and account executives for property and casualty as well as employee benefits. In addition to the local team, Lockton has experts around the world who will partner with the Pittsburgh team to develop strategic plans that help clients achieve their business objectives.
"We are looking to hire associates for our Pittsburgh office who want to work in an entrepreneurial environment and have a strong client service track record," said Tom Schaffler, CEO of Lockton Midwest. "We look forward to becoming a part of the Pittsburgh community and serving Lockton's three constituents – clients, associates and the community – for many years to come."
To view and apply for open positions in Lockton's Pittsburgh office visit lockton.com/careers or contact Tony Fenoglio at 314-812-3130.
Lockton is a global professional services firm with 7,000 Associates who advise clients on protecting their people, property and reputations. Lockton has grown to become the world's largest privately held, independent insurance broker by helping clients achieve their objectives. For ten consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognized Lockton as a "Best Place to Work in Insurance."