SIOUX FALLS, S.D., June 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- LodgeNet Interactive Corporation, the leading provider of media and connectivity solutions to the hospitality industry, is unveiling Envision™, its latest innovation in high-definition solutions that delivers cloud-connected interactive television (iTV). Envision will be on display at the company's HITEC booth (#609), June 22-24 in Orlando, FL.
According to LodgeNet CEO Scott C. Petersen, Envision is all about connecting. "Envision connects guests to the interactive information and entertainment they want, and it connects hoteliers to their guests using powerful 1:1 marketing applications – all enabled by the latest in Web based technologies."
Petersen explained that Envision reflects LodgeNet's strategy for its continuing expansion of hotel media and connectivity solutions, while embodying specific capabilities most demanded by hoteliers and their guests. These include:
- Revenue Generating Apps. Hotels can earn new revenue streams through Envision from transactional apps designed to fulfill guest needs, such as LodgeNet's exclusive eTickets and ePurchases apps. And of course, hotels continue to earn revenue from LodgeNet's extensive entertainment options including exclusive programming from The Hotel Networks.
- Advanced Interactive Apps. For the first time, hotel personnel can interactively manage their on-system marketing and messages to guests in real time to streamline operations and increase incremental revenues. Envision's advanced interactive apps include LodgeNet's exclusive eCompendium and eConcierge services, including the ability to sell, manage and post local advertising, communicate hotel and meeting group events, and provide wakeup service, all on the guest room TV.
- Branding Apps. Envision also supports extensive branding and customization of the guest interface as well as a variety of interactive apps designed to increase brand loyalty, including connections to loyalty programs and company Websites.
- Network Flexibility. Envision is delivered on two platforms:
- Envision DV. The industry's most scalable and cost effective HD iTV solution is designed for existing coax (MATV) networks. Envision DV is smart TV compatible, currently supporting a Pro:Centric™ interactive program guide (IPG).
- Envision IP. In addition to the robust features of Envision DV, Envision IP adds interactive processing in every room to enable 1:1 marketing to specific guests and conference groups, an IPG and access to rich Web media content. Envision IP can be delivered as an IP over coax solution.
- Envision IP+. With an Apple® Mac mini in each guest room, LodgeNet's most dynamic and powerful user experience includes all the features of Envision IP while adding the exclusive James™ Lifestyle Concierge apps, which are compatible across TVs and mobile devices.
- Envision IP Prime. An IP solution for hoteliers seeking a more cost-effective solution to gain the benefits of in-room interactivity.
"Envision is more than just the name of our iTV platform," says Paul Johnson, Vice President of Product Management. "It's an invitation to look at the television in a whole new way. The TV is still the most convenient and compelling source of in-room entertainment, but now it's much more. It's a dynamic platform for hoteliers to use in building guest relationships that can provide value in a multitude of ways."
Johnson will also be presenting at an in-show Exhibitor Tutorial focusing on the "app explosion" and its impact on hotel television. The session, entitled "Guest Apps: The Next Generation of Interactive TV," is free to HITEC attendees and will be held Wednesday, June 23 at 11:15 am (EDT) in Tutorial Room A.
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation is the leading provider of media and connectivity solutions designed to meet the unique needs of hospitality, healthcare and other guest-based businesses. LodgeNet Interactive serves approximately 1.9 million hotel rooms worldwide in addition to healthcare facilities throughout the United States. The Company's services include: Interactive Television Solutions, Broadband Internet Solutions, Content Solutions, Professional Solutions and Advertising Media Solutions. LodgeNet Interactive Corporation owns and operates businesses under the industry leading brands: LodgeNet, LodgeNetRX, and The Hotel Networks. LodgeNet Interactive is listed on NASDAQ and trades under the symbol LNET. For more information, please visit www.lodgenet.com.
LodgeNet, the LodgeNet logo, and Envision are trademarks or registered trademarks of LodgeNet Interactive Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE LodgeNet Interactive Corporation