LOS ANGELES, April 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Bringing together the most buzzed about new talent in film, television, fashion and music, Logo's fifth annual "NewNowNext Awards" returned to Los Angeles today with a spectacular show hosted by Kelly Osbourne.
Always at the forefront of the styles, trends, personalities and guilty pleasures on the verge of a pop culture explosion, this always unpredictable show brought together today's hottest celebrities and tomorrow's brightest stars for a night of brilliant performances, outrageous awards and fierce entertainment! Logo's "NewNowNext Awards" 2012 premieres Monday, April 9, at 10/9C on Logo.
As voted on by the public, the 2012 "NewNowNext Award" winners are the following:
- Next Mega Star – Josh Hutcherson ("The Hunger Games")
- Most Addictive Reality Star – Nadia G. ("Bitchin' Kitchen," Cooking Channel)
- Cause Your Hot – Naya Rivera ("Glee," Fox)
- TV You Betta Watch – "GCB" (ABC)
- Best New Indulgence – "Revenge" (ABC)
- Superfan Site Award – www.vampire-diaries.net
- Next Must-See Movie – "The Avengers" (Paramount)
- Beyond Style Award– Kelly Osbourne (TV Personality) and Andrej Pejic (Model)
- Brink of Fame, Music Artist – (Neon Hitch, Warner Bros. Records)
* Complete list of nominees below
Taking the evening to a fever pitch were the live, and always cutting-edge, musical performances of Adam Lambert, Neon Hitch, Neon Trees and Rye Rye.
The show also featured presenters including Aisha Tyler ("The Talk"), Busy Phillips ("Cougar Town"), Eden Wood ("Eden's World"), George Kotsiopoulos ("Fashion Police"), Heather McDonald ("Chelsea Lately"), Kat Graham ("The Vampire Diaries"), Kyle Richards ("The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"), Lamorne Morris ("The New Girl"), Leven Rambin ("The Hunger Games"), Matt Lanter ("90210"), Perez Hilton, Ross Mathews, RuPaul ("RuPaul's Drag Race") and Wendi McLendon-Covey ("Bridesmaids").
And what would the "NewNowNext Awards" be without the outrageous antics and some spectacular spoofs from "RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 4's" favorite and most controversial queens including Willam, Sharon Needles, Jiggly Caliente, Milan, among others?
The W Hotels Backstage Lounge played host to exclusive celebrity interviews at this year's awards and was the first stop for winners. Inspired by the design of W Hollywood, one of the W brand's global flagship properties, which combines old Hollywood glamour with modern, cutting-edge design, the W Hotels Backstage Lounge was an insider's escape for the night's hottest stars.
"W Hotels has been an active supporter of the LGBT community since its inception in 1998," said Carlos Becil, Vice President, North American Brand Management, W Hotels Worldwide. "With a history of dynamic Pride programming, charitable partnerships, same-sex marriage initiatives, and recognition from leading LGBT organizations, our partnership with Logo's NewNowNext Awards is yet another way we're demonstrating our dedication to being a spirited part of the community."
The "NewNowNext Awards" are Executive Produced by Christopher Willey and Brent Zacky for Logo. Michael Dempsey of Dempsey Productions serves as Executive Producer and Director.
For more information, visit NewNowNext.com.
Complete List of Nominees for the 5th Annual "NewNowNext Awards" 2012
- Lizzy Caplan ("New Girl," FOX)
- Josh Hutcherson ("The Hunger Games")
- Michael B. Jordan ("Parenthood," NBC)
- Elizabeth Olsen ("Kill Your Darlings")
- Emily VanCamp ("Revenge," ABC)
- Abby Lee Miller ("Dance Moms," Lifetime)
- Andy Cohen ("Watch What Happens Live," Bravo
- Big Ang ("Mob Wives," VH1)
- Evelyn ("Basketball Wives," VH1)
- Nadia G. ("Bitchin' Kitchen," Cooking Channel)
- Willam ("RuPaul's Drag Race," Logo)
- Channing Tatum ("Magic Mike," WB)
- Henry Cavill ("The Tudors," Showtime)
- Jessica Lange ("American Horror Story," FX)
- Naya Rivera ("Glee," Fox)
- Novak Djokovic (tennis player)
- Paula Patton ("MI4," Paramount)
- "Game of Thrones" (HBO)
- "GCB" (ABC)
- "Homeland" (Showtime)
- "Portlandia" (IFC)
- "Savage U" (MTV)
- "Shameless" (Showtime)
- "Absolutely Fabulous" Revival (BBC/Logo)
- "Revenge" (ABC)
- "Magic Mike" (WB)
- "Moonrise Kingdom" (Focus)
- "Prometheus" (Fox)
- "Snow White & The Huntsman" (Universal)
- "Ted" (Universal)
- "The Avengers" (Paramount)
- Andrej Pejic (Model)
- ChinaChow ("Work of Art," Bravo)
- Jeremy Scott (Designer)
- Kelly Osbourne (TV Personality)
- Sean Avery (Writer)
- Azealia Banks (Interscope Records)
- Childish Gambino (Glassnote Records)
- FUN. (Atlantic Records)
- Jessie J (Universal Republic Records)
- Neon Hitch (Warner Bros. Records)
- Rebecca Ferguson (Columbia Records)