PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Romantics looking to propose to their loved one in a big way have a chance to do just that thanks to the Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation's (GPTMC) With Love, Philadelphia XOXO® contest that includes: a personalized proposal love letter on a Philadelphia Trolley Works trolley, a $5,000 Hearts on Fire Acclaim engagement ring from Bernie Robbins Jewelers, an engagement-day photo shoot and an overnight stay at the Hotel Monaco Philadelphia. Beginning on January 24, 2013, those interested in popping the question on Valentine's Day can submit their Philly-centric love story and photo at visitphilly.com/propose. The contest closes on February 3.
Here's how it works:
- A lovestruck man (or woman) goes to visitphilly.com/propose.
- He/She enters a description of Philadelphia's role in the couple's love story.
- He/She agrees that both parties will be available in person for the public proposal on
February 14 and are willing to partake in an engagement-day photo shoot.
- He/She submits an image of the couple for publicity purposes.
- On February 4, GPTMC notifies the winner.
- GPTMC works with the winner to create a personalized love letter in the With Love campaign style and to develop a ruse to surprise the significant other.
- GPTMC and the winner plan a special engagement day on February 14 that features the personalized With Love letter on a Philadelphia Trolley Works trolley.
"We're all about the love and wanted to give Philadelphia's loyal fans a chance to engage with the With Love campaign and bring it to life," said Meryl Levitz, president and CEO, GPTMC, "What better way to celebrate the campaign than with a Valentine's Day engagement?"
GPTMC will use the combined power of traditional and social media to get the word out about the contest. Starting on January 24, a Philadelphia Trolley Works trolley will tout the contest on a billboard that appears on the side of the vehicle. The trolley will then bear the personalized engagement letter on Valentine's Day, February 14, 2013.
The Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) makes Philadelphia and The Countryside® a premier destination through marketing and image building that increases business and promotes the region's vitality.
For more information about travel to Philadelphia, visit visitphilly.com or uwishunu.com, where you can build itineraries; search event calendars; see photos and videos; view interactive maps; sign up for newsletters; listen to HearPhilly, an online radio station about what to see and do in the region; book hotel reservations and more. Or, call the Independence Visitor Center, located in Historic Philadelphia, at (800) 537-7676.
Tweet It: Like the idea of a high-profile engagement in @VisitPhilly and a free wedding ring? Then, this contest is for you: visitphilly.com/propose
SOURCE Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation