Lorex Technology introduces a new line of 4K Ultra HD resolution dome and bullet IP cameras with unrivaled long-range night vision capabilities.
MARKHAM, ON, July 16, 2018 /PRNewswire/ - Lorex Technology, a global leader in home and small business video surveillance solutions, has launched a new line of 4K (8MP) Ultra HD resolution dome and bullet IP cameras with long-range night vision capabilities up to 250ft.
Nocturnal Cameras with 250ft Long Range Night Vision
Nocturnal dome and bullet security cameras, named for the black metal exteriors that make them difficult to spot at night, are packed with top-of-the-line security features.
- 4K video – One of the best features of these new dome and bullet security cameras is that they are capable of recording 4K video. 4K footage is a valuable asset, both day and night, where clarity is a must in capturing valuable evidence. It's also good to note that these 4K cameras do not need a 4K television for viewing. The higher clarity will simply be there for users if they need it.
- Over 8 million pixels – Nocturnal 4K dome and bullet security cameras can record more than 8 million pixels (3840 x 2160). This high pixel count is especially important if users need to zoom in on distant details while reviewing footage. With 4x the number of pixels as a 1080p security camera (1920 x 1080), details won't blur together as quickly as digital zooms are applied. This provides users a better chance to capture useful evidence, such as distinct facial characteristics or license plate numbers.
- Four times variable focal length – Select Nocturnal 4K cameras are equipped with motorized zoom lenses (otherwise known as varifocal lenses) that can optically zoom in and out. This allows users to either focus on a distant object in vivid detail (like a door or cash register) or have a wide field of view for maximum coverage. Changing this zoom and focus can be accomplished remotely through the network video recorder (NVR) or the mobile app.
- Color night vision (CNV™) – Exclusive to Lorex Technology, CNV is an advanced night vision technology that is far more superior than traditional infrared (black and white) technology. With CNV, the camera can record full-color footage in low-light conditions, provide additional visual details to help identify people or objects, and deliver better contrast in the footage for easier detection and recognition. These cameras use state-of-the-art back-illuminated image sensors that are more sensitive to light than front-illuminated sensors. This essentially allows them to continue seeing color in low-light conditions.
- Long range IR night-vision up to 250ft – Nocturnal security cameras have superior long-range night vision capabilities. Equipped with high-powered infrared LEDs that flood the scene with infrared light, these cameras can see in both low light settings and complete darkness. Select Nocturnal cameras can even see up to an incredible 250ft away with the aid of external lighting.
- All-weather cameras with metal housings – All Nocturnal cameras are IP67 rated and can withstand all weather conditions, such as rain, snowstorms and freezing temperatures as low as -22 degrees Fahrenheit (-30 degrees Celsius) and as high as 140 degrees Fahrenheit (60 degrees Celsius). Made from heavy-duty aluminum, these cameras are also highly vandal resistant.
"We always wanted to introduce cameras with long range night vision capabilities to our lineup," said Sufi Sulaiman, Vice President of Digital and Commerce of Lorex Technology. "With the introduction of our 4K dome and bullet cameras with 250ft night vision capability, we were able to position our company as a leader in night vision security solutions. Our ultimate goal is to deliver top-of-the-line products that our customers will truly love."
About Lorex Technology
Established in 1993 in Markham, Ontario, Lorex Technology is the authority in home and small business video surveillance solutions. For over 25 years, Lorex Technology has provided top-of-the-line video technology products to its customers in North America and around the world. Today, Lorex Technology prides itself as a leader in do-it-yourself (DIY) and professional-grade home and business security solutions and will continue to develop sophisticated and cutting-edge technologies aimed at helping customers protect their loved ones and property.
SOURCE LOREX Technology Inc.