SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Sept. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- With the sophistication of today's malware landscape, Lumension® recognized that a seasoned lineup of experts would be needed to set the tone for SecuritySCAPE 2012 - the year's premier IT security virtual conference that will bring together IT professionals and thought leaders to identify and discuss the pressing issues the IT security realm is now facing. The company worked extensively to compile such a team and is today announcing additional speakers and the schedule of events for SecuritySCAPE 2012.
Joining the SecuritySCAPE lineup are executives from systems management appliance vendor Dell KACE and IT security provider Sophos. Rob Meinhardt, General Manager of Dell KACE, brings more than 20 years of IT experience, along with the unique perspective of growing a startup into a business that anchors systems management for one of the top PC makers in the world. In addition, Gerhard Eschelbeck, CTO and senior vice president of Sophos, will be presenting at the event. Eschelbeck holds a number of patents on information security technology and is one of the world's leading experts on vulnerabilities and network security.
Meinhardt and Eschelbeck join Lumension CEO Pat Clawson and USA Today reporter Byron Acohido for a panel titled "What Every CEO Should Know About IT Security." This panel will examine the global state of security, the growth of collaborative technology, the expanding landscape of malicious outsiders and how these trends can be communicated to the C-level. This session will take place on Tuesday, September 25 at 2:00 p.m. EDT.
"Decisions regarding systems management and endpoint security are often made by the same team, thus, they should not be treated as separate entities," said Meinhardt. "As a systems management professional, I want to ensure that C-level executives are aware of this fact and focus on all-encompassing policies – a topic I will further explore at SecuritySCAPE."
"At this year's SecuritySCAPE, I hope to share some of the insights and lessons I have learned over the years so that I can help fellow C-level executives and technology professionals become more equipped for today's increasingly complex malware landscape," said Eschelbeck.
Tuesday, September 25:
- 10:00 – 10:30 a.m. EDT: Pat Clawson, CEO of Lumension, will kick off the event with his session on "IT Security Made Simple."
- 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. EDT: Next, Neil McDonald, a Gartner analyst focused on technology and security, will join Clawson to present "Think Different: Is It Time to Deploy a Defense-In-Depth Endpoint Security Strategy in Your Endpoint Environment?"
- 11:30 – 12:30 p.m. EDT: Mike Rothman, analyst and president of Securosis, will discuss the "2013 Ultimate Buyers Guide to Endpoint Management Solutions."
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. EDT: Paul Henry, security and forensic analyst for Lumension, will present his annual security predictions for next year's security trends with "7 Cybersecurity Trends You Can Bank on 2013."
- 1:30 – 2:00 p.m. EDT: Jim Czyzewski, MidMichigan Health senior clinical desktop support supervisor, will discuss "Benefits of Consolidating Endpoint Operations and Security onto a Common Endpoint Platform Suite."
- 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. EDT: Pat Clawson, Rob Meinhardt, Gerhard Eschelbeck and Byron Acohido will be presenting "What Every CEO Should Know About IT Security."
Wednesday, September 26:
- 10:00 – 10:30 a.m. EDT: Chenxi Wang, vice president and principal analyst serving security and risk professionals for Forrester, will begin the second day of the event with "Rethinking Your Approach to Endpoint Security."
- 11:30 – 12:00 p.m. EDT: Derek Brink, vice president and research fellow for Aberdeen, will present "A CFO's Guide to Why Standalone AV Is No Longer Enough."
- 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. EDT: Richard Stiennon, founder and analyst at IT-Harvest and author of Surviving Cyberwar, will present "Welcome to the Age of Weaponized Malware."
- 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. EDT: Paul Zimski, vice president of product management for Lumension, and Dean Barnes, principal security manager of threat management at Royal Mail, will examine "Strategies for Disrupting APTs with Defense-in-Depth Technologies."
- 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. EDT: Randy Franklin Smith, author of the Ultimate Windows Security blog, will discuss "Everything Matters: Every Setting, Every Component, Every Technology."
To see a full overview of events and to register for free for SecuritySCAPE 2012, visit http://www.securityscape2012.com/.
About Lumension Security, Inc.
Lumension Security, Inc., a global leader in endpoint management and security, develops, integrates and markets security software solutions that help businesses protect their vital information and manage critical risk across network and endpoint assets. Lumension enables more than 5,100 customers worldwide to achieve optimal security and IT success by delivering a proven and award-winning solution portfolio that includes Vulnerability Management, Endpoint Protection, Data Protection, Antivirus and Reporting and Compliance offerings. Lumension is known for providing world-class customer support and services 24x7, 365 days a year. Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Lumension has operations worldwide, including Virginia, Texas, Utah, Florida, Ireland, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom, Australia and Singapore. Lumension: IT Secured. Success Optimized.™ More information can be found at www.lumension.com.