CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Aug. 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Ditto Labs, the leading image recognition company for social media, announced the expansion of its world-class advisory board to include Yale Professor Nicholas Christakis, MIT Professor Sinan Aral, MIT Professor Antonio Torralba and media executive Scott Ernst, former CEO of Compete.
"Ditto Labs is at the confluence of network analytics, data science, computer vision and digital marketing," said David Rose, CEO of Ditto Labs. "Each of these intellectuals is renowned for contributions to their respective fields so it is a coup to have their mindshare further Ditto's product and business."
"Our recruiting, business development and computer science materially benefit from their involvement," added Ditto's President Josh Wachman. "The reason the world's most savvy marketers use Ditto is because our data quality is high, our networks insights are novel, and our relationships with brands are deep. We credit our advisors for helping us advance these domains for the benefit of our clients."
About the Advisors:
- Dr. Nicholas Christakis' current work focuses on using experiments to explore fundamental properties of human social networks, and on understanding the biological determinants and consequences of social network interactions. He is the Co-Director of the Yale Institute for Network Science; has served as an advisor to several companies, including Virgin and Gallup; and helped found or advise several start-ups, including ActivateNetworks.
- Sinan Aral is the David Austin Professor of Management at the MIT Sloan School of Management. He was Chief Scientist at SocialAmp and Humin and worked closely with Facebook, Yahoo, Microsoft, Nike, The New York Times, IBM, Intel, Cisco, Oracle, SAP and many other leading Fortune 500 firms to realize business value from big data analytics, social media and IT investments.
- Antonio Torralba researches computer vision, machine learning and human visual perception. He is an Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at MIT and a member of the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab. Most importantly, his work devising systems solving detection issues in an integrated fashion will help Ditto build more efficient and robust recognition technology.
- Scott Ernst was chief executive of Millward Brown Digital (aka, Compete), building the team from a startup to a $100 million profitable company and a recognized leader in the digital marketing space. Ernst successfully led the company as both a private company and through the successful integration within WPP, the world's largest marketing services organization.
Ditto Labs advisory board also includes:
- Professor Nicholas Negroponte, MIT Media Lab founder and Chairman One Laptop Per Child
- Brad Oleshansky, former CEO of Big Communication and President of M1 Concourse
- John Battelle, Chairman of Sovrn Holdings, board member Acxiom and Chute
- Ken Barnett, CEO of Mars Advertising, board member Collective Bias
- Mike Sheehan, CEO of The Boston Globe and retired Chairman of Hill Holliday
About Ditto Labs
Ditto Labs is the leading image recognition company for social media. Savvy marketers use Ditto's tools to discover insights, measure campaigns, and engage with influencers. Ditto offers a photo analytics dashboard to brands and agencies, and API access to social media platforms to integrate this unprecedented, rich stream of consumer intent. Learn more at Ditto.us.com.
SOURCE Ditto Labs