ALEXANDRIA, Va., Jan. 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The award-winning World ATM Congress returns to Madrid on 10-12 March with a new conference format, an energized exhibition, free education, and more networking opportunities connecting the entire air traffic management (ATM) community than ever before.
This year's conference programme explores how the ATM industry can make smart choices responding to the challenges of today and tomorrow. The World ATM Congress conference is addressing the hard questions that will help shape the future of the industry.
The conference programme will present three informative sessions on 10-11 March, each with an impressive roster of experts addressing a different challenge:
- Smart Choices in an Interconnected World – Smart choices can exploit yet manage and control the data and systems that will be fundamental to the future of ATM.
- Philip Clinch, VP, SITA
- Soh Poh Theen, Deputy Director-General (ANS), CAAS
- Florian Guillermet, Executive Director, SESAR JU
- Ed Bolton, Assistant Administrator NextGen, FAA
- Jeff Snyder, Vice President Cyber Programs, Raytheon Company
- Smart Choices for Building Sustainable ATM Networks – How can we ensure enhanced regional cooperation and regional focus? What would ATM look like if it was completely subject to international market forces?
- Todd Donovan, Vice President, Strategy—Air Traffic Management, Thales
- Amadou O. Guitteye, Director General, ASECNA
- Ahmed Al Jallaf, Assistant Director General for ANS, GCAA UAE and Chairman, ICAO Middle East Airspace Enhancement Programme
- Patrik Peters, President and Chief Executive Officer, IFATCA
- Frank Brenner, Director General, EUROCONTROL
- Smart Choices in a Disruptive Future – There are a number of challenges facing our industry: growing economic pressures, slow acceptance of new technologies, and the need for regulatory reaction to the changes.
- Ed Sims, CEO, Airways New Zealand
- Nick Calio, President & CEO, A4A
- Richard Deakin, CEO, NATS
- Don Thoma, President & CEO, Aireon
- Paul Rinaldi, President, NATCA
We are honoured to announce that Ana Maria Pastor Julian, Minister, Ministry of Public Works and Transport, Spain, will also be speaking. The keynote speaker will be announced soon. Visit www.worldatmcongress.org for more information.
About World ATM Congress
Produced by CANSO (Civil Air Navigation Services Organisations) in association with ATCA (Air Traffic Control Association), World ATM Congress is backed by leading air navigation service providers and industry suppliers.
Mary E. Johnson
SOURCE World ATM Congress