TROY, Mich., July 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- ManagedWay, a leading provider of cloud computing, fiber optic internet and colocation services, announced today its completion of SOC 2 Type II auditing, a rigorous third-party review of the company's infrastructure, security, software, people, procedures, privacy and data.
"Data transport, storage and security is a complex and competitive business," says Robert Sanders, president of ManagedWay. "Each company claims to have robust safeguards in place, but how is the consumer supposed to know if they really do? SOC II compliance is the mechanism that makes this distinction and gives customers absolute trust in the effectiveness of our controls."
SOC 2 Type II certification is based on five 'Trust Services Principles and Criteria'
- Security: The ManagedWay system is protected, both logically and physically, against unauthorized access
- Availability: The ManagedWay system is available for operation and use as committed or agreed to
- Processing Integrity: ManagedWay system processing is complete, accurate, timely, and authorized
- Confidentiality: ManagedWay information that is designated "confidential" is protected as committed or agreed
- Privacy: Personal information is collected, used, retained, and disclosed in conformity with the commitments in the ManagedWay's privacy notice and with the privacy principles put forth by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
With breeches on the rise and costing more than ever before, data security is increasingly the top consideration for companies seeking cloud computing partners. Meanwhile, new compliance regulations are tougher and increasingly complex. ManagedWay operated date centers in metro Detroit and Grand Rapids, MI.
"Ten years ago, managed hosting was like the wild west, with lots of start-ups and few regulations," said Sanders. "It's a much more sophisticated industry now, and SOC 2 Type II compliance is crucial distinction to validate internal processes and know-how. It also provides an important stepping stone for clients to meet their compliance requirements, including HIPPA, FTC, SEC, ERISA, SOX, FMLA, FLSA to name just a few."
According to Sanders, there is no additional cost to consumers for the added peace-of-mind. "Many companies make you believe that there is a relationship between added security and added cost. For ManagedWay, the SOC 2 Type II compliance is just a reflection of the quality services we provide."
Experience the difference at ManagedWay. For more information, please visit www.ManagedWay.com.