Marketers Converge in Las Vegas to Share Inspirational Stories of Customer-First Marketing at MarketingSherpa Summit 2016
Focus on proven marketing strategies and techniques to create sustainable marketing success with customer-centric campaigns;
Special web clinic to be live-streamed; post-Summit wrap-up webinar set for March 9
22 Feb, 2016, 11:08 ET
LAS VEGAS, Feb. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Marketing leaders and practitioners convene today at MarketingSherpa Summit 2016 to learn proven strategies and techniques for improving digital marketing results, recognize successful customer-first marketing campaigns and network with their peers.
Held at the Bellagio Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas through February 24, MarketingSherpa Summit 2016 highlights some of the most successful digital marketing campaigns and best practices in email marketing, content marketing, social media and mobile. Over the course of three days, Summit attendees will hear from experts in the field, participate in roundtable discussions, attend coaching clinics, take part in a live email marketing test and improve their email campaign skills at the popular and sold-out Email Messaging workshop.
This year's live test session features Consumer Reports, one of America's most credible nonprofit organizations. In addition, winners of the annual MarketingSherpa Awards, sponsored by BlueHornet, will share their campaigns with their peers—2016 Best-in-Show award winner, Optum Health, and Readers' Choice award winner, Sunrise Senior Living, will present their successful campaigns.
"I want to thank the successful, customer-centric marketers who have been working with MarketingSherpa's staff since September to identify key lessons to share with their peers. With more than 30 sessions and a solid roster of brand-side marketers, Summit attendees will get new ideas for customer-first marketing campaigns that drive sustainable results and leave with the knowledge and tools to succeed," said Daniel Burstein, director of editorial content, MarketingSherpa. Speakers include marketers from WeddingWire, New Relic, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Door to Door Organics, Marriott International, DonorsChoose.org and many more.
Featured speakers include Morgan Spurlock, Academy Award-nominated director; Dr. Leonard Mlodinow, theoretical physicist and best-selling author; Charles Duhigg, The New York Times best-selling author of The Power of Habit; Karen Thomas-Smith, vice president of provider marketing and reference management at Optum; and Flint McGlaughlin, managing director of MECLABS Institute, the parent organization of MarketingSherpa.
MarketingSherpa Summit will be live-streaming video of its special web clinic on the science behind how experienced marketers are wired to miss the mark when it comes to customer communication and what they can do to maximize their engagement and inspire customers.
In addition to peer-to-peer learning, experts from around the industry will be on hand to moderate small group discussion and offer one-on-one advice for specific brand marketer challenges, including:
- ClickMail Marketing, an email technology, consulting and marketing firm, will help marketers with "smarter email" through mini-consulting sessions. Marketers who participate in a consulting session will get a selfie stick and a chance to take—and post—a photo with that ClickMail team member. In addition to the consulting, marketers can sign up for 30-minute, pre-scheduled one-on-one coaching sessions with three of ClickMail's email experts.
- Mitch Lapides, president and CEO of FulcrumTech, an email marketing agency, will provide one-on-one consultations during the coaching clinics. Lapides will provide insights into email deliverability, email service provider selection and implementation and email return on investment.
- Representatives of GetResponse, the leading email marketing provider, will present coaching clinics on email deliverability, campaign optimization, landing page design, email automation, contact strategies, personalization and dynamic content. Executives will also deliver roundtable discussions on successful marketing automation initiatives and methods for using email testing and optimization to create meaningful and profitable relationships.
- WhatCounts, an email service provider, is offering 30-minute consultations with its email expert strategists. As experts in data-driven email marketing, the team will offer insights and best practices for companies looking to get more out of their own campaigns.
Many marketing solutions providers are making key announcements at this year's Summit, including:
- BlueHornet launching NexGen Commerce Segments, a revolutionary tool that enables email marketers to create, manage and track segments using plain English in a single interface customized to their business. NextGen Commerce Segments help marketers leverage the power of their commerce data to grow lifetime value and ROI.
- ContentMX, a marketing technology and services company, has added Luanne Tierney as the newest member of its advisory board. The company also announced the advent of the modern email newsletter driven by the ContentMX Cloud Marketing Platform. Modern email newsletters generate more interaction that trigger increased social engagement and drive conversations to fully eclipse the content marketing lifecycle.
- Troparé, an innovative software development firm, recently launched Penitus™ 3.0, the most powerful, "no IT" version of a completely self-service campaign processing solution. The simplicity and sophistication of Penitus 3.0 eliminates all dependency on IT, allowing any marketing department to execute its digital efforts completely unaided and greatly increasing efficiency within a company's marketing infrastructure.
- Businesses such as Lenovo, Act-On and Tradeshift have increased email open and clickthrough rates by 900 percent and boosted video engagement by 100 percent or more by using video from Vidyard, the video platform that helps businesses turn viewers into customers. Lenovo was able to boost email open rates by four times and increase its clickthrough rates by 4.5 times on a campaign to inactive contacts, as well as kept 78 percent of viewers watching to the end.
MarketingSherpa will also host a post-Summit wrap-up webinar courtesy of BlueHornet, presenting highlights, insights and key takeaways on March 9.
To view the complete MarketingSherpa Summit 2016 agenda, visit www.marketingsherpa.com/summit.
Based in Jacksonville, Florida, MarketingSherpa — a subsidiary of MECLABS Institute — is a publication specializing in reporting on what works in all aspects of marketing (and what does not). These interviews, case studies and data analyses are published for the entire marketing industry to benefit from. MarketingSherpa, currently in its 17th year, has published more than 7,000 articles on MarketingSherpa.com and has hosted the largest vendor-neutral email conference from 2005-2015.
About MECLABS Institute
Founded in 1997 and based in Jacksonville, Florida, MECLABS is the world's largest research institute dedicated to discovering how people make choices.
By partnering with business leaders from Fortune 500 organizations and other businesses with a high-enough volume of data and transactions to produce statistically significant results, MECLABS has customer-first practices that lead to business success, resulting in a patented methodology. The Institute is dedicated to taking an academic approach to improving the discipline of marketing by teaching its discoveries through workshops, online learning and the development of a graduate-level program.
MECLABS Institute has two publishing subsidiaries – MarketingExperiments and MarketingSherpa – which publish experiments and provide insights to the marketing community.
Share this article