LEHI, Utah, Oct. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Matrix42, a leading provider of Workplace Management solutions, today announced Mobile Device Management (MDM) support for iOS 5, Apple's newest operating system.
Matrix42 Mobile Device Management now provides secure, comprehensive management capabilities for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad devices using iOS 5. New features include:
- Email Configuration – Enables S/MIME encryption, prevention of sending email via third party applications and moving messages across different email accounts.
- Wi-Fi Configuration – Seamlessly configures Wi-Fi proxy settings and automatically joins Wi-Fi networks.
- Roaming Configuration – Instantly enables or disables voice and data roaming features.
- iCloud Configuration – Enables or disables iCloud back-up, document sync and Photo Stream.
- Enrollment – Activates devices wirelessly without the use of iTunes.
- App Control – Installs public and corporate in-house managed applications and removes managed apps and data on-demand. Prevents data back-up to iTunes and iCloud for managed apps.
- Query – Verifies device battery life status.
"The immense popularity of Apple mobile devices means the iOS 5 update will affect a vast majority of IT departments that support Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) initiatives," said Herbert Uhl, chief executive officer of Matrix42. "Matrix42 Mobile Device Management provides critical, immediate support for managing and securing employees' iOS 5 devices, allowing IT to support user autonomy while maintaining control."
The Matrix42 Mobile Device Management solution is based on technology from AirWatch, a global leader in mobile security, mobile device management (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM) software.
Matrix42 Mobile Device Management is available today directly from Matrix42 or from select Matrix42 resellers. For more information, visit: http://www.matrix42.com/mdm.
Matrix42 is the leading supplier for Workplace Management solutions. Matrix42 Workplace Management enables the seamless management of physical, virtual and mobile environments. It combines Client Lifecycle, Cloud, SaaS, Virtualization and Service Management into a holistic solution enabling users to have transparent access to their data and services everywhere, from any virtual or physical device at any time. Founded in 1992, Matrix42, with headquarters near Frankfurt, Germany, has been established in the dynamic IT market for almost 20 years. Over 3 million clients are managed by Matrix42 software at more than 1,500 customers worldwide including market-leading enterprises such as Infineon, Magna, Lufthansa Systems and Puma and integrators like Raiffeisen IT, msg systems and Bechtle. In early 2008, Matrix42 became part of the Asseco Group. With over 8,000 employees and a market capitalization of around 1.2 billion euros, Asseco is one of the largest European software companies.