MCHENRY, Ill., Dec. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Medela LLC, the most recommended breast pump brand among moms*, announced four new products: a seamless and supportive Maternity Belly Band, discreet and absorbent Safe & Dry™ Ultra Thin Disposable Nursing Pads, a multifunctional Quick Clean™ Bottle Brush and a comfortable Maternity & Nursing Pillow. The new additions to the Medela product lines are designed to support moms and their partners during pregnancy, after birth and throughout mom's breast milk feeding journey.
"The needs of today's moms continue to evolve, and we continue to innovate with and for moms and babies to meet their needs at every stage," said Melissa Gonzales, Executive Vice President, North America for Medela. "We're excited to offer moms new options for comfort, support and quick, on-the-go solutions."
Medela's new "beyond the pump" breast milk feeding accessories include:
- Support throughout pregnancy. The Maternity Belly Band (MSRP $19.99), available in black and white, provides comfort and relief in sensitive areas with seamless, supportive interknit technology and breathable material. Designed for moms in their second trimester, the Maternity Belly Band has reinforced panels around the back and lower abdomen to provide gentle relief and support. The extra-stretchy panel across the front fits snug while also providing room for a growing belly. The Maternity Belly Band can also be used to cover and extend clothing that has become too tight or short.
- Confidence throughout breastfeeding. The Safe & Dry Disposable Nursing Pads (MSRP: 5.99-$12.99) are now available in an Ultra Thin variety, specifically made for moms who experience moderate breast milk leakage after birth. The slender design helps the pads remain discreet under clothing, and the breathable, waterproof outer layer is gentle on skin, while the polymer core absorbs excess moisture. The contoured design ensures the pads fit each individual shape, and double adhesive tape helps the pads stay in place. Medela also offers Safe & Dry Super Absorbency Disposable Nursing Pads, ideal for overnight use, longer breaks between feeds, or for heavier milk flows in the first weeks after baby arrives. Both varieties lock in and wick away moisture to keep mom dry and comfortable and allow her to remain confident that any leaks and spills will be caught. The new Ultra Thin pads are available in 30, 60 and 120 count packages.
- Solutions that simplify cleaning. The Quick Clean Bottle Brush (MSRP: $7.99) is equipped with no-scratch smooth and wavy bristles for cleaning small and large neck bottles and pump parts. The 180° bristle design means the brush can be removed from the bottle with minimal splatter. It also has a no-slip handle and offers the option of hanging or standing for storage. The Quick Clean Bottle Brush will be available in early 2019.
- Comfort from pregnancy through birth and beyond. The Maternity & Nursing Pillow (MSRP: $69.99) is uniquely designed with adaptability, flexibility and quality to be a comfort companion for moms throughout pregnancy and after birth, eliminating the need for separate prenatal and postpartum products. The micro-pearl filling keeps cool and allows for noiseless adjustment and undisturbed sleeping and feeding. The Maternity & Nursing Pillow provides restful and supportive relaxation, allowing mom to take care of her body and provide breast milk for baby.
The Maternity Belly Band, Safe & Dry Ultra Thin Disposable Nursing Pads and the Maternity & Nursing Pillow are available at www.MedelaBreastfeedingUS.com, as well as Target, Amazon, BuyBuy Baby and Walmart. To receive free breastfeeding education and personalized support from Medela, join The Moms' Room, where members can get exclusive perks and expert access to help build confidence and meet breast milk feeding goals. To stay connected, join the Medela community on Instagram and on Facebook.
About Medela LLC
Medela's US-based manufacturing and development facility is headquartered in McHenry, Illinois. Every year, more than one million mothers in the U.S. rely on Medela's technology. As the #1 breast pump brand**, Medela provides the best in research-based breast milk feeding products and clinical education to support moms' breast milk feeding journey. The company is fully dedicated to supporting mothers so that they can provide breast milk to their baby for as long as they choose. For more information, visit www.MedelaBreastfeedingUS.com.
Founded in 1961, Medela is led by Michael Larsson and concentrates on two business units: "Human Milk," providing research-based breast milk feeding solutions, and "Healthcare," engineering and manufacturing medical vacuum technology solutions. Medela is headquartered in Switzerland and has 18 subsidiaries, distributing its products to more than 100 countries throughout the world. For more information, visit www.Medela.com.
* Medela Tracker Study 2018, Wave 7. Medela Global Brand Assessment Study 2017.
** Medela Tracker Study 2018, Wave 7. Nielson data (2018).
Medela wordmark and logo are registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Quick Clean, Safe & Dry are trademarks of Medela.