DENVER, March 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Pearson, the world's leading learning company, today announced the schedule for Cite 2011, the 12th annual higher education technology conference that brings together more than 500 program executives, faculty and administrators for a dialogue on innovative online learning strategies across a broad range of institutions and programs.
Your coverage is invited.
Conference sessions will focus on key trends in online learning, including the use of social media, student perceptions of mobile learning, best practices in online and blended learning, ideas for education innovation and insights into collaborative learning.
Cite 2011: Create. Innovate. Collaborate.
April 11–13, 2011
Sheraton Downtown Denver Hotel
1550 Court Place
Denver, CO 80202
- Ben Stein, Economist, Actor, Pop Culture Icon – Ben Stein's impressive resume includes career achievements ranging from speechwriter for President Nixon to the pop icon who starred as Ferris Bueller's teacher. An exceptionally gifted economist, his market analysis is sought by companies and organizations across North America. He is also an extremely well known actor in movies, TV and commercials.
- Jim Carroll, Author, Columnist, Media Commentator and Consultant – Jim Carroll is a leading futurist, trends and innovation expert who has provided strategic guidance and insight to some of the most prestigious organizations in the world for more than twenty years. He is recognized worldwide as a thought leader and authority on global trends, rapid business model change, business transformation in a period of economic uncertainty and the necessity for fast paced innovation.
Select sessions are below. A complete schedule may be found at www.pearsoncite.com.
Monday, April 11
- "Social Media and Higher Education: The Common Ground"
Jeff Seaman, Ph.D., Co-Director, Babson Survey Research; Mike Moran, Chief Strategist, Converseon; Hester Tinti-Kane, Director of Online Marketing and Research, Pearson Learning Solutions
- "Increasing Learning and Reducing Costs: The Case for Course Redesign"
Carolyn Jarmon, Vice President of the National Center for Academic Transformation
- "Learn on Demand – An Education Revolution"
Dr. Sandy Cook, System Director, Kentucky Community and Technical College System; and Dr. Debra Volzer, Senior Executive Director, Pearson Learning Solutions
- "ASU and Pearson: Pioneering a New Day in Education"
Phil Regier, Executive Vice Provost and Dean, ASU Online; and Kari Barlow, Assistant Vice President, ASU Online
Tuesday, April 12
- "Leveraging Pearson LearningStudio (formerly called eCollege), EQUELLA digital content repository and Common Course Cartridge – Lessons from an IMS Award Winner"
Nancy LaChance, Director of Academic Technology Services, DeVry University
- "Finding Partners for Online Course Content"
Michael Case, Director of Academic Technologies, Carrington Colleges; and Todd Hitchcock, Vice President, Pearson Learning Solutions
- "Ensuring that Student Learning Outcome Data Impacts Curriculum & Instruction"
Brian Epp, Supervisor, Assessment and Analytics Group, Pearson eCollege; and Rachel Cubas, Pearson eCollege
- "Social Learning by Design"
Marni Baker Stein, Senior Associate Dean for Curriculum and Instruction, Columbia University School of Continuing Education; and Lisa Minetti, Columbia University School of Continuing Education
- "Program for Excellence in Online Teaching"
Tammy Hall, Louisiana Community and Technical College System; and Cindy Lohan, Senior Product Manager, Pearson Learning Solutions
Pearson, the world's leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business and consumer publishing (NYSE: PSO).
About Pearson eCollege
Pearson eCollege is a trusted and innovative leader in powering online learning programs and part of Pearson, the world's leading learning company (NYSE: PSO). Pearson eCollege's flagship product—Pearson LearningStudio—represents the next generation in learning management systems and provides a comprehensive, flexible and fully supported cloud computing environment for online personalized learning in higher education. For more information, visit www.pearsonlearningstudio.com.
For more information:
CONTACT: Susan Aspey, firstname.lastname@example.org, (800) 745-8489.