RALEIGH, N.C., Aug. 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The Medical Science Liaison Society (MSL Society), the only 501(c)(3) non-profit organization exclusively dedicated to advancing the global medical science liaison (MSL) profession, has announced the finalists for the first-ever MSL of the Year Awards.
The MSL of the Year Awards program is free for all nominees and winners and recognizes excellence within the MSL profession. During the 6th Annual MSL Society Conference at the Awards Night Celebration, on September 5th at the Aria Hotel in Las Vegas, both finalists and the winners we be honored.
The respective finalists and their organization for each awards category are:
- MSL Manager of the Year: Donald Mallet, Keryx; Daniel Dowd, Genomind; Mary Lynn Lakin, Takeda; Jihad (JR) Rizkallah, Sunovion.
- MSL of the Year: Victor Sastre, Amgen; Alejandro Melo, Novamed; Tiama Chaar, Sanofi Genzyme; Prashant Desai, AbbVie; Katherine Jameson, Nanobiotix; Bernadett Mamone, Eisai; Savi Chadha, Supernus Pharmaceuticals; Shine Joseph, Janssen Biotech.
- MSL Rookie of the Year: Debra Payne, Allergan; Joan Hester, Alimera Sciences; Alyson Evans, Alimera Sciences; Natalie King, BTG; Brian Berg, Rhythm Pharmaceuticals; Monica Bolton, Teva Pharmaceuticals; Ketki Hatle, Salix Pharmaceuticals; Jay Dave, Alimera Sciences.
All submissions were evaluated by a panel of six judges:
- Arthur Chan, PhD, MBA Executive Director, Head of MSL capabilities – Novartis
- Donna Holder, PharmD, Director, Field Medical Center of Excellence – Merck
- Ralph Rewers, PharmD, Medical Science Liaison Head – Abbvie
- Linda Traylor, PhD, VP, Clinical Development & Medical Affairs – Biodesix
- Avery Ince, MD, PhD, Scientific and Medical Affairs Strategy Lead – Janssen
- Davida White, MD, Head Medical Excellence – Indivior
Dr. Samuel Dyer, CEO of the MSL Society commented: "We received over 100 highly impressive nominations across all categories, and our panel of esteemed judges spent a considerable amount of time carefully evaluating each submission. We congratulate all of the nominees and finalists, and look forward to celebrating the finalists and winners on September 5th."
The 6th annual MSL Society Conference will take place in Las Vegas September 4-6, 2018 and will be the largest gathering of MSLs in the world. Discounts are available for teams of three or more. Additional information is available at http://themsls.org/las-vegas-2018.
Contact: [email protected]
SOURCE Medical Science Liaison Society