BOSTON, June 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Mendix, the fastest and easiest platform for creating and continuously improving mobile and web applications, today announced it has moved into the Leaders quadrant of the Gartner 2017 "Magic Quadrant for Mobile App Development Platforms (MADP)" (June 2017). The company was also recently named a Leader in Gartner's April 2017 "Magic Quadrant for Enterprise High Productivity Application Platform as a Service," positioned furthest for completeness of vision.
According to Gartner, by 2022, 70 percent of software interactions in enterprises will occur on mobile devices.1 With demand for apps surging, IT teams can't keep pace due to a lack of skills and resources, and an inability to scale the technology and processes. MADPs address these challenges, enabling developers to rapidly design, develop, test, deploy, distribute, and manage a portfolio of cross-platform mobile apps. In recent years, they've evolved to support multi-channel app development.
The Magic Quadrant for Mobile App Development Platforms report notes, "A MADP provides tools, technologies, components and services that together constitute the critical elements of a platform for creating custom mobile apps (that is, .ipa and .apk binary files), as well as mobile web apps or sites. Increasingly, MADPs are adding support for wearables, chatbots, virtual personal assistants (VPAs) and conversational UI endpoints through the same services and APIs they create and orchestrate for mobile apps and web.
"We believe our recognition as a Leader was based on our platform's alignment with the needs of the evolving MADP market, from supporting multi-channel approaches to leveraging emerging technologies to design smart user experiences," said Johan den Haan, CTO at Mendix. "We continue to hear from customers who say Mendix accelerates their app development velocity by enabling a continuum of developers to build and enhance apps leveraging agile principles."
Mendix Uniquely Enables a Continuum of Developers to Build Multi-Channel Apps
Combining full-stack visual development capabilities, a cloud-native architecture and an integrated set of tools for the complete application lifecycle, Mendix is uniquely suited for high-velocity application development within an enterprise context. Mendix enables IT teams to:
- Build once, run anywhere – Mendix supports the development of multi-channel apps that run on desktops, tablets, and smartphones, without multiple tools and code bases. Developers can quickly design stunning user interfaces and experiences, leveraging reusable design elements, native features, and offline functionality.
- Empower a continuum of developers – Close the talent gap by empowering a continuum of users to visually model full-stack applications without writing code. Mendix facilitates rapid prototyping by citizen developers and provides robust capabilities for (professional) developers to turn prototypes into production-ready apps.
- Create smart experiences – Design smart, engaging user experiences leveraging IoT and big data, and cognitive services, as well as emerging user interaction methods, such as conversational UIs, chat bots, and VPAs. Using Mendix, developers can drag and drop pre-built connectors to bind these capabilities to their apps, without writing code.
- Promote agile development – With agile project management capabilities and a built-in feedback loop, Mendix promotes rapid, iterative development in collaboration with the business. Teams can quickly deliver MVPs that address a few key features, and then leverage user feedback to enhance applications incrementally over time.
A customer review on Gartner Peer Insights states, "Very fluid and effective process for getting apps to market very quickly. You can build enterprise grade software using one developer. A platform easily understood by both IT and Business users, allowing Mendix to be a (very sought after) bridge between business goals and tech development. Their training materials are top notch and their support is very professional and swift. Could not ask for a better platform. Very excited about the future of Mendix!"
This review was published on November 25, 2016 from a professional in enterprise architecture and technology innovation in the manufacturing industry. The complete review is available here (registration required).
Download the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Application Development Platform.
The full report is available here.
- Report: Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for High Productivity Application Platform as a Service
- Video: Discover the Mendix difference
- Video: How Enexis is Delivering Applications at Scale on Mendix
- Video: CaseStack Shortens Time to Business Value for New Applications
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Peer Insights reviews constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-users based on their own experiences, and do not represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates.
1 Gartner Inc., "Predicts 2017: Mobile Apps and Their Development," December 1, 2016, Adrian Leow, Van L. Baker, Richard Marshall, Magnus Revang, and Jason Wong
Mendix is the fastest and easiest platform to build and continuously improve mobile and web applications that enable innovation. Recognized as a market leader by leading analysts, we help our customers digitally transform their organizations and industries by building, managing, and improving apps at unprecedented speed and scale. More than 4,000 forward-thinking enterprises, including KLM, Medtronic and Philips, use our platform to build business applications to delight their customers and improve operational efficiency. Learn why customers give us high marks on Gartner Peer Insights.
Contact: Sarah Salbu, firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mendix-named-a-leader-in-gartners-2017-magic-quadrant-for-mobile-app-development-platforms-madp-300475953.html