LIVONIA, Mich., April 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Bookstock's back, offering incredible deals on used books and media Sunday, April 23 through Sunday, April 30 at Livonia's Laurel Park Place. Bargains abound at Bookstock, metro Detroit's biggest and best used book and media sale, where proceeds benefit literacy and education projects in metropolitan Detroit. Detroit Free Press columnist Rochelle Riley and Detroit News columnist Neal Rubin are Honorary Co-Chairs of Bookstock and the Mike Morse Law Firm is Bookstock's 2017 Presenting Sponsor.
Bookstock's Pre-Sale will kick-off on Sunday, April 23 at 8:15 a.m. with a performance by Livonia's Churchill High School Drumline. There is a $20 admission charge for the Pre-Sale only, which runs through 11 a.m. and offers savvy shoppers and collectors first crack at Bookstock's treasure trove of bargains. Bookstock has over 200,000 donated used books, DVDs, CDs, books on tape, magazines and vinyl for sale at bargain basement prices. The sale will continue through Sunday, April 30, running Sundays, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. and Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. – 9p.m.
This year, Bookstock will feature six days of special sales:
- Monday Madness – Monday, April 24: The first 1,000 shoppers will receive spectacular giveaways and one lucky shopper will receive a $500 VISA gift card.
- Teacher Appreciation Day – Tuesday, April 25: Bookstock is celebrating teachers by giving 50% off to all teachers with a valid ID from 3–9 p.m. At 5 p.m., the Bookstock B.E.S.T.* Awards, (Bookstock Extraordinary Student/School/Teacher) will be presented to fourth grade students from Detroit Public Schools Community District who write the top essays entitled, "My Favorite Book Character…and Why." A WDIV TV personality, will present the awards live, and cash prizes will be given to five students, their teachers and their schools.
- Cookstock – Wednesday, April 26: Bookstock will feature the area's largest collection of gently used cookbooks, and local TV celebrities Tati Amare (WDIV- 4), Carolyn Clifford (WXYZ-7) and Sherry Margolis (Fox 2) will announce the winners of the first Cookstock Recipe Contest at 5 p.m. at Bookstock, the first recipe contest to benefit literacy in Michigan!
- Bookbuster Special Days – Thursday, April 27 and Friday, April 28: Buy three books and get the fourth book *free (*least expensive item) from 3 – 9 p.m.
Spend $25 or more either night and be entered in a special drawing for:
- 4 tickets to a Red Wings game in the new Little Caesars Arena
- A piece of the Palace floor signed by Pistons Bad Boy Bill Laimbeer
- A two night stay and two rounds of golf for two people at Treetops Resort in Gaylord
- Half Price Finale, Sunday, April 30: All books and media will be sold for half price!
Marking 15 years of supporting the need to read, Bookstock has generated nearly $1.7 million for literacy and education projects throughout Oakland County and Detroit. More than 800 volunteers work together throughout the year to organize and staff the weeklong Bookstock sale.
Bookstock is brought to the community by the Jewish Community Relations Council/AJC, and a consortium of non-profit organizations that support education and literacy projects throughout metro Detroit. For more information about Bookstook, call the Bookstock hotline, (248) 645-7840, ext. 365, or visit bookstockmi.org. Laurel Park Place is located on 6 Mile Road east of I-275 in Livonia.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/metro-detroits-biggest-and-best-used-book-and-media-sale-where-bargains-abound-300436003.html