IRVING, Texas, March 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Spring has sprung at Michaels, and North America's largest arts and crafts specialty retailer celebrates Easter with free in-store events and new webisodes featuring ideas, tips and techniques for creating unique handmade Easter decorations, cards and gifts.
"Springtime is when nature blooms with creativity, filling the landscape again with color and life. It's a great time for families to find inspiration to make something fresh and new for the home," said Michaels Chief Marketing Officer Paula Puleo. "Michaels has Easter events to delight the kids as well as DIY decor products and projects to help celebrate with the whole family."
Spring and Easter events throughout April, at all U.S. and Canada stores, include:
- Saturday, April 2, 10 a.m. - noon: The Knack(SM) Easter Egg Event. Kids will have a ball decorating their own giant Easter egg. Free decorating supplies with purchase of 7" Creatology craft egg.
- Tuesday, April 5, 10 a.m. - noon: The Knack Easter Chick Event. Easter crafting is fun for the whole family making cute chicks out of plastic Easter eggs. Free.
- Saturday, April 9, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.: The Knack Crayola Event. Create works of art you can't miss using Crayola Neon Explosion.
- Sunday, April 10, 1 - 3 p.m.: The Knack Easter Pail Event. Get ready for the annual egg hunt with a personalized Easter pail. Free.
- Saturday, April 16, 10 a.m. - noon: The Knack Earth Day Event. Go green by decorating a canvas tote that can carry all essentials and double as a shopping bag.
- Sunday, April 17, 1 - 3 p.m.: Body Art Event. Make your mark with glitter art that adds glam for prom, team spirit events or special occasions.
- Saturday, April 23, 10 a.m. - noon: The Knack Easter Card Event. Share the joy of Easter with family and friends with handmade cards created using DIY foam stamps. Free.
Michaels is a destination for all things Easter, from unique Easter baskets and basket stuffers to yard and home decor, including Creatology's Egg-sentials 4-piece nested plastic egg set, Celebrate It Easter Tree Set with Mini Ornaments and Celebrate It Giant Carvable Easter Eggs in 7" and 9" sizes.
Michaels.com provides spring and Easter project ideas with a new series of webisodes featuring Michaels Craft Expert Jo Pearson. She'll show easy, step-by-step instructions for DIY Easter eggs and baskets, wardrobe and home decor updates, fresh DIY wedding ideas and fun animal puppets for the kids.
Irving, Texas-based Michaels Stores, Inc. is North America's largest specialty retailer of arts, crafts, framing, floral, wall decor, and seasonal merchandise for the hobbyist and do-it-yourself home decorator. The company currently owns and operates more than 1,045 Michaels stores in 49 states and Canada, and over 140 Aaron Brothers stores, and produces ten exclusive private brands including Recollections, Studio Decor, Bead Landing, Creatology, Ashland, Celebrate It, Art Minds, Artist's Loft, Craft Smart and Loops & Threads. For more information visit http://www.Michaels.com
This press release was issued through 24-7PressRelease.com. For further information, visit http://www.24-7pressrelease.com.
SOURCE Michaels Craft Store