BRACKNELL, England, May 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
BI for AX and BI for NAV software provider, PrecisionPoint, http://www.precision-point.com, today announces the availability of its latest eBook Understanding the Financial Audit Trail which provides advice and guidance on how Finance departments can transform their Microsoft Dynamics Reporting processes.
Business Intelligence (BI) has promised for many years to resolve once and for all the information problems that plague organisations of all sizes. Given the investment that many companies have made in ERP systems and associated BI tools, it is surprising that this is an on-going problem.
Michael Evans, CEO at PrecisionPoint explains, "If the BI software is to serve the needs of the accountants then it must understand the accounting conventions that are engineered into the ERP system. If these facilities are provided, then the accountants will use the BI software to close their books and generate their reports."
PrecisionPoint has produced a new eBook providing guidance on how to maximise your investment in BI for AX, BI for NAV systems and Microsoft Dynamics Reporting. Key points covered include:
- Why are finance departments still spending upwards of 70% of time producing management accounts and only 30% analysing the information?
- Why is it nearly impossible to achieve detailed profitability analysis by product or line item?
- To drill down from the General Ledger to the line item, rather than open a separate report and attempt to manage the resultant reconciliations issues?
- Or accurately forecast cash flow?
- And why does it require expensive and time-consuming development work every time the business wants to produce a one-off company report?
For a free copy of the PrecisionPoint eBook, Understanding the Financial Audit Trail, which offers advice and guidance on how you can maximise your BI system investment, click here.
PrecisionPoint simplifies access to sophisticated decision critical BI for AX and BI for NAV. Available as an online managed Microsoft Dynamics Reporting service, customers benefit from rapid speed of deployment and are able to produce meaningful cross-functional reports and analysis across the entire organization in a matter of days.
With dual bases in the UK and the US, PrecisionPoint is used by hundreds of successful companies worldwide including Americana International, Royal Horticultural Society, Broadsoft, Fitflop, Koppers, NTT Europe, AB Agri and Carter Jonas.
For further information, please contact:
The itpr Group