DALLAS, April 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Mimi's, the popular neighborhood cafe offering French-inspired American comfort food, is showing Mom and her family twice the love this Mother's Day.
On Sunday, May 8 – Mother's Day in America - Mimi's will celebrate Mom and those special to her by pampering her like they do in France, with a three-course menu, free pastry, gifts and a relaxing time with loved ones. Moms will receive a French Herb Heart-Shaped Palmier (French pastry) in every bread basket, a take-home muffin square to enjoy later and a Mimi's French herb seed packet with the French Herb Palmier recipe on the back. And the celebration isn't over yet.
To celebrate Mom again, Mimi's will invite guests back to celebrate through May 29, Mother's Day in France, with a free entrée.
Explains Stewart Slocum, CMO of Mimi's, "Honoring our French heritage and love of Mothers everywhere, Mimi's gives a reason to celebrate with the Moms in our lives twice by welcoming our Mother's Day celebrants back to enjoy a free entrée through Fête des Meres (Mother's Day) in France, May 29."
For Mother's Day beginning at 11 a.m., Mimi's offers a three-course celebration menu for $16.99. Mimi's guests will start with choice of cup of soup (French Onion, Corn Chowder or Tomato Basil), House salad or Caesar salad before moving onto the main entrée, which includes a choice of:
- Quiche Florentine with fresh spinach, tomatoes, aged Parmesan and Swiss, with mixed fruit
- Mushroom Brie Burger with sautéed whole cap mushrooms, caramelized onions and melted Brie on grilled sourdough
- Hand-carved Slow-Roasted Turkey with mashed potatoes, gravy, cornbread dressing, fresh vegetables and orange-apple cranberry relish
- Chicken Tillamook Cheddar Mac with pulled chicken in a rich Tillamook Creamery cheddar sauce with crumbled bacon, penne pasta and Parmesan crust
- Chicken Chop Salad with a slow-roasted chicken breast, red & green bell peppers, mandarin oranges, basil, cilantro, chopped cabbage and romaine lettuce tossed in sesame dressing with fried wontons and sesame seeds
- Grilled Atlantic Salmon with a light Chardonnay Dijon sauce, sautéed garlic spinach and roasted potatoes (add $1)
Dessert course includes Chocolate Chip Croissant Bread Pudding with all-butter and almond croissants with chocolate chips, salted caramel and whipped cream. Or, for $1 more, guests can enjoy Strawberry Shortcake Crêpe Cake or Key Lime Slab Pie.
Mimi's will offer its signature "Mimi-Mosa" with fresh-squeezed orange juice with a Tangerine burst and Korbel California Champagne, along with three other Mimosa flavor choices, including Triple Berry, Mango and White Peach for $5 per glass. Glasses of wine, red or white from France, are $5 and bottles are $20.
Guests are encouraged to make reservations and call their neighborhood Mimi's for additional details. Mimi's offer of a free entrée upon return visit through May 29 is with purchase of an entrée and two beverages.
About Mimi's Cafe
Founded in 1978 by Arthur Simms, who was stationed in France during World War II, Mimi's Cafe is a neighborhood cafe offering French Inspired American comfort food. In February 2013 Mimi's Cafe was purchased by Le Duff America, Inc., the North American subsidiary of Groupe Le Duff, a global bakery and restaurant company headquartered in Rennes, France. Since then, the team has launched new dishes reflecting the culinary traditions of fresh ingredients, bistro classics, and American comfort food. There are currently 98 Mimi's Cafe locations throughout 18 states in the U.S.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mimis-loves-moms-so-much-that-guests-can-celebrate-mothers-day--twice-300255347.html
SOURCE Mimi’s Cafe