CAMBRIDGE, Mass., April 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The 13th Annual MIT Sloan CIO Symposium today announced the ten Finalists for its 2016 Innovation Showcase. The selected companies have developed cutting edge solutions that provide both strong value and innovation to digital enterprises now and in the future. The Finalists will receive key exposure to many of the world's most creative and influential IT executives at the Symposium on May 18, 2016.
After careful consideration, the Innovation Showcase judges chose these ten companies because they:
- Have a B2B or B2C enterprise IT solution product in the market;
- Are a start-up with less than $10 million in 2015 annual revenues;
- Are selling enterprise IT solutions to CIOs or corporate IT departments; and
- Show innovation and/or strategic value and potential impact on the top and/or bottom lines.
"We are thrilled to invite these top 10 companies to our 2016 Innovation Showcase," said Anton Teodorescu, Co-Chair of the Innovation Showcase. "Their technologies are leading edge, and will be vital to empowering the future digital economy."
The 10 Innovation Showcase Finalists for 2016 are:
- AppFormix - San Jose, CA AppFormix, a cloud service optimization platform, uses advanced analytics and orchestration to improve application performance in hybrid and private clouds.@AppFormix
- Breach Intelligence - Farmington, CT Breach Intelligence's Polarity is a memory augmentation platform that enables better decisions through on-screen overlays.@BreachIntel
- DataXylo - Cambridge, MA DataXylo is a Cognitive Customer Intelligence company that helps Omni-channel marketing operations to clean, combine & automate relevant signals, metrics and data. @dataxylo1
- HashiCorp - San Francisco, CA HashiCorp infrastructure automation software empowers companies to innovate faster by providing one workflow for application delivery on any infrastructure provider.@hashicorp
- illusive networks - New York, NY illusive networks pioneers deception-based cybersecurity. Its Deceptions Everywhere™ with Attacker View™ solutions neutralize targeted attacks and Advanced Persistent Threats.@illusivenw
- Menlo Security - Menlo Park, CAMenlo Security eliminates malware from Web and email. The Isolation approach secures interaction online without deploying endpoint software.@menlosecurity
- Podium Data - Lowell, MAPodium is the first enterprise data lake management software platform defining a new way to manage, prepare and deliver enterprise data.@PodiumData
- Rocana - San Francisco, CARocana provides next-generation monitoring software that eliminates scalability and performance limits to accelerate finding, solving, and preventing IT problems.@rocanainc
- Rulex - Genoa, Italy Rulex provides an easy-to-use machine learning platform for monetizing enterprise, commercial, social, and IoT data.@Rulex_Analytics
- Tesora - Cambridge, MA Tesora's Database as a Service (DBaaS) Platform, an enterprise-hardened version of OpenStack Trove, offers secure, private cloud access to the most popular open source and commercial databases through a single consistent interface.@tesoracorp
Multiple past Innovation Showcase winners have achieved significant success, being acquired by leading companies. CloudSwitch (2010 Finalist) was acquired by Verizon; Desktone (2012 Finalist) was acquired by VMware; Rypple (2011 Finalist) was acquired by Salesforce.com; Yammer (2010 Finalist) was acquired by Microsoft for $1.2B among others.
The Innovation Showcase will take place at 5:30 p.m. in the Kresge courtyard tent on Wednesday, May 18, 2016, at MIT, in Cambridge, MA. The full agenda of the MIT Sloan CIO Symposium is available at www.mitcio.com/agenda.
About the MIT Sloan CIO Symposium
The MIT Sloan CIO Symposium is the premier global conference for CIOs and digital business executives to become more effective leaders. In one day, CIOs and senior IT executives explore enterprise technology innovations, business practices and receive actionable information that enables them to meet the challenges of today and the future. The Symposium offers a unique learning environment by bringing together the academic thought leadership of MIT with the in-the-trenches experience of leading, global CIOs and industry experts. The MIT Sloan CIO Symposium is organized and developed by the MIT Sloan Boston Alumni Association, the MIT Initiative on the Digital Economy (IDE), and the MIT Sloan Center for Information Systems Research (CISR). Visit www.mitcio.com for more information and registration.
Journalists interested in press credentials or speaking with any of the Showcase Innovation finalists should contact Kevin Jordan (firstname.lastname@example.org; +1 617-935-1930) or Sadie Smith (email@example.com; +1 717-298-1865), Warner Communications.
SOURCE MIT Sloan CIO Symposium