HOPKINTON, Mass., July 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- 30% reduction in engineering and operational efforts
- Estimated savings of 18% on power and cooling costs
- 24% reduction in data center space
- Standard response time of less than 0.5 ms for any extreme workloads
- Service capacities increase between 350% and 600% for even better customer experience
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced that Molina Healthcare (NYSE: MOH), a FORTUNE 500, multi-state health care organization, is updating its data center with VCE™ Vblock® System 740s converged infrastructure and the added power of all-flash. This new architecture will improve several critical areas including service deployment and the infrastructure that supports its high-volume call center. Over the past five years, Molina has experienced rapid growth, moving onto the Fortune 500 list to its current number 201 spot. With all-flash Vblock Systems it gains critical agility and speed for the IT organization to quickly respond to increasing business demands as the company prepares for its next phase of growth. The simplified converged infrastructure environment also allows Molina to invest in business initiatives versus keeping the lights on.
Molina chose all-flash combined with the intrinsic benefits of VCE converged infrastructure to take full advantage of the superior performance, density and economies of scale offered by cutting-edge flash storage media. Savings and benefits include:
- 30% reduction in engineering and operational efforts as the performance and capacity for each application will be rightly sized with the right storage resources. This also significantly decreases the chances of scheduling change controls for maintaining the hardware as well as solving and fixing issues as a result of outages.
- Reduced deployment time for new infrastructure, measured in hours rather than weeks, allowing Molina to increase the speed of implementation, meeting key business objectives
- An estimated 18% savings in cooling and energy costs and eliminated need to invest in additional data center space from reduced footprint of five data center tiles
- Freed up 24% of critical data center space to accelerate new projects
- A new standard response time of less than 0.5 ms for any extreme workloads to ensure consistency and high availability for all applications
- Increased CapEx savings with an all-flash platform lifecycle of 7 -10 years
A key growth driver of the business is Molina's growing enrollment, which in turn has contributed to higher call volumes. . The new dedicated infrastructure platform based on converged infrastructure will scale to support the continued growth while also providing the resources for new technologies, enabling Molina's members and providers to experience reliable and quality service in the call centers. The new platform allows significant increases over the existing capacity and provides the scale required to meet business needs:
- 350% capacity increase in total phone capacity
- 400% capacity increase in total member call center agents
- 570% capacity increase for inbound simultaneous call capacity
The Vblock System 740 utilizes EMC VMAX All Flash arrays that are engineered specifically to capitalize on the performance of flash and the economics of today's latest large-capacity SSDs, introducing technology, such as Write Folding that improves flash durability while simultaneously delivering peak performance.
Rick Hopfer, Chief Information Officer, Molina Healthcare
"During the past three years Molina has added over 2.3 million members. Supporting this kind of growth demands an infrastructure that scales, is reliable and cost effective. Through VCE converged infrastructure with all-flash technology, we are able to leverage a high workload demanding application that can run mission-critical data with a faster processing time. This can save time, resources and prevents outages that result from data overload."
EMC Executive Quote
Chad Sakac, President, VCE, the Converged Platforms Division of EMC
"Molina Healthcare was an early adopter of VCE converged infrastructure and we are excited to provide the platform that has helped them through five years of hyper growth and success. With their decision to leverage all-flash technology, Molina is being forward-looking by continuing to transform its IT operations to develop and deliver services that provide the best possible healthcare experience."
Interact with EMC Online:
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and SocialSphere
- Connect with VCE Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset – information – in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC2, EMC, VMAX and the EMC logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries.
VCE, Vblock, and the VCE logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of VCE Company LLC.
SOURCE EMC Corporation