HONG KONG, Aug. 31, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Monaco, the pioneering payments and cryptocurrency platform, today announced the launch of the Monaco app, giving consumers a radically simplified way to buy, spend, and earn cryptocurrency cashback on all transactions. Together with the Monaco card that will be rolling out later in September, the platform is based on perfect interbank exchange rates, and enables users to save up to 8 percent on all foreign currency transactions.
Key Monaco announcements today:
- Monaco unveiled a full portfolio of five cards today: Midnight Blue (Classic plastic card), Ruby Steel, Rose Gold, Space Gray (Platinum metal cards) and Obsidian Black (Limited Edition Platinum metal card)
- All Monaco cards, including Platinum cards will be free: no monthly fees, no annual fees, no shipping fees
- Monaco Platinum cards come with industry leading 0.75% cryptocurrency cashback on all purchases and US$500,000 travel insurance
- Monaco Platinum cards will only be available to MCO token holders, who purchase 50 MCO (Ruby Steel card), 500 MCO (Space Gray, Rose Gold cards) and 50,000 MCO (Limited Edition Obsidian Black card) respectively; MCO tokens will be held in secure wallet for a 6 months period, after which users can deposit their tokens back into their Monaco account and continue to use their card fee-free, no strings attached
- Users can download the Monaco app on both iOS and Android to go through a simple three-minute onboarding process and reserve their card starting today
"We are pleased to launch the Monaco app in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. There was a tremendous amount of work put in by the team into every detail of the app and cards. We hope users will love it as much as we do," said Kris Marszalek, co-founder and CEO of Monaco. "Monaco is now perfectly positioned to increase the global cryptocurrency user number from its current 5-6 million to 500-600 million. We are revolutionizing the industry and setting the bar incredibly high."
The cryptocurrency industry is in its nascent stages with up to 6 million unique active users of cryptocurrency wallets, according to a report conducted by Cambridge University. The Monaco platform aims to use this opportunity to address the industry's reputation for being an opaque, niche market by presenting a simple cryptocurrency financial product with mass market appeal.
For more information, please visit Monaco's newly redesigned website at www.mona.co. The Monaco app is now available for download for iOS and Android users.
Founded in June 2016, Monaco is the pioneering payments and cryptocurrency platform allowing users to spend bitcoin and ethereum at perfect interbank exchange rates, saving US$30-40 on every US$500 equivalent spent on foreign currency transactions. Monaco raised over US$26.7 million through one of the most successful Token Sale events to date. The company is headquartered in Switzerland with operations in Hong Kong and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.mona.co.
For press enquiries, please contact:
The Hoffman Agency, email: MonacoPR@hoffman.com; +852 2581 9380
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/monaco-launches-mobile-app-to-bring-cryptocurrencies-to-every-wallet-300512246.html