SAN MATEO, Calif., May 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Database-as-a-service provider MongoHQ (MongoHQ.com) today announced it is delivering a fully managed platform for developers to quickly and safely deploy, host and scale MongoDB databases, paying for only the resources being used. Unlike pre-packaged plans offered by other services, MongoHQ's Elastic Deployments enable developers to avoid paying for resources that may never be needed. This opens the benefits of MongoDB to companies at all budget levels by greatly reducing the cost, and minimizes the friction that comes from infrastructure planning.
"We don't want our customers to have to deal with the friction of premature capacity planning," said Kurt Mackey, CEO, MongoHQ. "With Elastic Deployments we're offering frictionless scaling so developers can focus on optimizing their applications."
Pricing for MongoHQ's Elastic Deployments begins at $18/GB per month, and databases:
- Scale automatically, growing as your data grows
- Provide zero-configuration backups
- Allow a range of hosting options, including AWS, Heroku and SoftLayer
- Are automatically updated with the most recent MongoDB features
The most efficient way to deploy MongoDB
The growing need for multiple databases, each offering unique capabilities, is fueling a rapidly expanding Database-as-a-Service market, which has been projected to reach $14.5B by 2019, according research by MarketandMarkets. Deploying a new database requires a significant investment of time and resources, and an additional layer of expertise. MongoHQ enables developers to quickly deploy in a worry-free environment, so that they can focus on creating best-in-class applications rather than managing the database layer.
MongoHQ aims to make database-layer problems invisible to those architecting apps by enabling developers to sidestep database layer challenges such as monitoring, uptime, backup and other issues, and work with a single provider. It completely handles all database functionality and provides the high level operations through a real-time dashboard and easy-to-use features, including:
- MongoDB Deployment Platform: best-practice MongoDB available instantly in the same data center as your application, built to scale with consistent performance for any requirement
- Real-time monitoring dashboard: New Relic and Pager Duty integration, Slow Query Tracker, automated customer alerts, data size growth trends
- Multi-redundant infrastructure: high-availability replica sets, managed disaster recovery backups, a 24/7 operations team and full stack monitoring
- Console-like experience on the web: query and update data with color-coded/validated JSON, manage replica sets and upgrades, enable and monitor operations profiling; integrated database copy tools; team management for collaboration; database listing, management and change management tracking
Deploying MongoDB only when it is the best solution
As each database provides a slightly different value, MongoHQ looks at the specific situation and helps developers decide whether or not MongoDB is the right database for their specific needs. "If there is a better solution than MongoDB, we'll recommend an alternative," said Mackey.
Developers have a common goal: build something that solves a problem. MongHQ offers more freedom to innovate, with a fully-managed platform to quickly and safely deploy, host and scale MongoDB databases. We manage the data layer, serving as your ops team by giving you all the tools you need in one place, testing the processes, finding the pitfalls, delivering a worry-free experience, and giving you the high level operations through a real-time dashboard and a set of visual, easy-to-use features. Visit us at www.MongoHQ.com.