AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Sept. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ten items to check before winter
- Mopar® services Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram, SRT and Fiat vehicles
- With Magneti Marelli parts, Mopar also services competitive makes
- Mopar now offers full menu of all-season, winter and performance tires
- Mopar offers essential vehicle maintenance coupons at www.mopar.com/coupons
Before the cold-weather season arrives, now is the time for owners to give their vehicle a checkup.
"Preventative maintenance helps vehicles perform at optimum levels in a variety of weather conditions," said Pat Dougherty, Head of Sales and Product Development at Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand. "Stocked with original-equipment Mopar parts, our factory-trained technicians provide full service to Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, SRT and Fiat vehicles. And with proven, quality-tested parts from Magneti Marelli, we also service domestic and most import vehicles as well."
Mopar's Fall Car-Care Checklist
Summer travel gives brake pads a heavy workout, resulting in the removal of thin layers. Now is the time to check pads, shoes, rotors, drums, calipers, wheel cylinders, brake hardware and the parking brake for wear and tear.
Closely inspect the tread and sidewall areas of tires for uneven or irregular wear. In addition, excessive edge wear, center wear and shoulder wear can act as an indicator for other trouble spots on your vehicle. It's also important to ensure correct air pressure at all times in order to prevent premature wear. Be sure to check the spare as well. If replacements are needed, Mopar offers a complete lineup of tires and winter tires from BFGoodrich, Bridgestone, Continental, Dunlop, Firestone, General, Goodyear, Hankook, Kelly, Kumho, Michelin, Uniroyal and Yokohama brands.
Summer heat does the most damage to battery life and is why they often fail in the winter. Check for corroded terminals and a bulging or cracked case. Test and replace battery if necessary.
4: Wiper Blades
Winterdriving conditions challenge your ability to see the road. Mopar's lineup of wiper blades now includes Beam Blades, which provide superior all-weather performance and aid driving visibility. The wiper blades boast a skin coating that seals the aerodynamic spoiler in order to protect it from winter weather. Mopar Beam Blades also are constructed to eliminate exposed parts and to resist snow- and ice-clogging.
5: Shocks and Struts
For motorists located in cold and snowy climates,fall and winter also usher in a dreaded time of year: pothole season.Shocks and struts are the most overlooked service parts on a vehicle, but they affect ride control and comfort and can also affect a number of related parts. Mopar shocks and struts optimize vehicle handling, tire life and keep vehicles riding smoothly.
6: Engine Oil
Ensure your engine oil has the correct viscosity in order to endure cold weather. Engine oil should be changed or replenished at recommended intervals. Low or dirty fluids affect how an engine and its components perform and could potentially cause engine damage under extreme conditions.
7: Fluid Levels
All vehicle fluids and lubricants should be checked and changed at factory-recommended intervals. Key fluids include antifreeze/coolant level and concentration, as well as power steering, brake, transmission and windshield washer fluids.
8: Engine Belts and Hoses
Replace belts and hoses at recommended intervals. Quality-tested Mopar belts and hoses offer precision fit, optimal service life and original-equipment performance.
9: Air Filter
The air filter is designed to protect your engine from airborne contaminants. Poor air flow to the engine inhibits performance and generates greater fuel consumption. A new air filter allows clean, unrestricted air flow into the engine and helps ensure proper performance for a longer life.
10: Headlamps and Taillamps
Days become shorter in the fall and winter, meaning more nighttime driving and increased usage of headlamps and taillamps. Inspect and test all lamps on your vehicle to ensure proper function and proper alignment.
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes 280,000 parts and accessories. With the creation of the industrial alliance between Chrysler Group and Fiat SpA, Mopar is extending its global reach, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Mopar's global portfolio includes more than 500,000 parts and accessories that are distributed in more than 130 markets. Mopar is the source for genuine parts and accessories for Chrysler Group brands as well as Fiat brands.
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler Group and Fiat vehicles – a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with customers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format. First to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- wiAdvisor: first to provide factory-connected tablet technology in the service lane for instant vehicle diagnosis
- wiTech: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
More than 75 Years of Mopar
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words Motor and PARts) was trademarked for antifreeze product in 1937. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s – the muscle-car era. The former Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth "package cars" equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of "special parts" for super-stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use. The brand has expanded to include technical service and customer support.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC