AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Feb. 4, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
- The company that created the minivan segment celebrates 35 years of minivan leadership this year
- To mark this milestone, FCA US is offering 35th Anniversary editions, which feature new badging, an all-black interior with Cranberry Wine accent stitching and upgraded content on 2019 Chrysler Pacifica, Pacifica Hybrid and Dodge Grand Caravan models, available this summer
- With more than 14.6 million minivans sold globally since 1983, FCA US tops the segment, selling twice as many minivans as any other manufacturer over the past 35 years, and remains the leader with 55 percent market share in 2018 – the highest ever attained
- As the first company to introduce the minivan and through six generations of the vehicle, FCA US has innovated 115 minivan-firsts – 37 of those innovations coming from the Chrysler Pacifica and Pacifica Hybrid
- The S Appearance package can be added to any 35th Anniversary edition Pacifica or Pacifica Hybrid for an even sportier, blacked-out, customized exterior
- The Pacifica and Pacifica Hybrid, the first and only hybrid minivan, deliver class-leading gasoline and hybrid powertrains to the minivan segment, with the hybrid offering more than 80 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe)
- With more than 100 honors and accolades, the Chrysler Pacifica reinvents the minivan segment with an unprecedented level of functionality, versatility, technology and bold styling, earning its title as the most awarded minivan of the past three years
FCA US is celebrating the 35th anniversary of the minivan as the originator and leading innovator in the segment it created in 1984.
New for 2019, the 35th Anniversary edition is available on Chrysler Pacifica, Pacifica Hybrid and Dodge Grand Caravan models, featuring new badging, an all-black interior with Cranberry Wine accent stitching, and upgraded content, in addition to the already extensive list of standard equipment.
The first modern minivan rolled off the Windsor Assembly Plant line on Nov. 2, 1983, sparking a new segment of people movers that rose in popularity very quickly, transporting millions of moms, dads and kids, and becoming part of their families.
FCA US minivans are now appealing to a new generation. Kids who used to ride in the second row are now in the driver's seat, making memories with families of their own.
With more than 14.6 million minivans sold globally since 1983, FCA US tops the segment, selling twice as many minivans as any other manufacturer over the past 35 years, and remains the leader with 55 percent market share in 2018 – the highest ever attained.
"We created the minivan segment, we're proud of our place in it, and we will continue to innovate like we've done with the first hybrid minivan, industry-exclusive Stow 'n Go seating, Uconnect Theater with 10-inch touchscreens in the second row and much more," said Steve Beahm, Head of Passenger Car Brands, Dodge//SRT, Chrysler and FIAT – FCA North America. "More than 14.6 million families have created lasting memories in their minivans throughout the past 35 years, through home projects, road trips, soccer practice, you name it. There is no better way to commemorate the anniversary of the people mover that does it all, than by introducing an edition that offers even more value to today's families."
FCA US invented the modern minivan in 1984 with the Dodge Caravan and Plymouth Voyager. The first luxury minivan, the Chrysler Town & Country, debuted in 1989. The company still leads the way with the best, most innovative vehicle to move people and things – 115 minivan-first innovations and 14.6 million minivan sales later. Through all six generations of the minivan, FCA US has continued to deliver versatility, functionality, safety and technology.
Chrysler Pacifica/Pacifica Hybrid 35th Anniversary Edition
Celebrating its status as the most awarded minivan of the past three years, with more than 100 awards, the Pacifica revolutionizes the minivan segment by offering class-leading gasoline and hybrid powertrains and nearly 40 new minivan-first features.
Available on Pacifica Touring L (gas/hybrid), Touring L Plus and Limited (gas/hybrid) models, the 35th Anniversary edition features a 35th Anniversary badge and a Liquid Chrome Chrysler Wing badge with a Gloss Black insert on the front fascia grille and rear liftgate.
The luxuriously appointed all-black interior features Cranberry Wine accent stitching on McKinley and Nappa leather perforated seats, steering wheel, door trim, bezels on the instrument panel (IP) and door handles, and a 35th Anniversary embroidered logo on the front floor mats.
35th Anniversary Pacifica models feature:
- Touring L: Memory driver's seat, eight-passenger seating, Mopar overhead DVD, 18-inch wheels
- Touring L Plus: Memory driver's seat, eight-passenger seating and dual-pane sunroof
- Limited: 20-inch wheels
35th Anniversary Pacifica Hybrid models feature:
- Hybrid Touring L: Premium Audio Group with 13 Alpine speakers, Uconnect 4C Nav with 8.4-inch display, 17-inch wheels
- Hybrid Limited: 18-inch wheels
The S Appearance package can be added to any 35th Anniversary edition Pacifica or Pacifica Hybrid for an even sportier, blacked-out, customized exterior.
The 2019 Chrysler Pacifica is available in 10 exterior colors: Billet Silver Metallic, Brilliant Black, Bright White, Dark Cordovan, Granite Crystal Metallic, Jazz Blue, Luxury White, Maximum Steel, Ocean Blue Metallic and Velvet Red.
Dodge Grand Caravan 35th Anniversary Edition
As America's best-selling minivan ever, the Dodge Grand Caravan delivers a tremendous value. Available on Grand Caravan SE and SXT models, the 35th Anniversary edition includes 17-inch tech silver aluminum wheels, 35th Anniversary fender badge and a Bright grille.
Inside, an all-black interior features Cranberry Wine accent stitching on the seats, steering wheel and door trim, a Piano Black console and IP accent, and a 35th Anniversary embroidered logo on the front floor mats.
35th Anniversary Grand Caravan models feature:
- SE: Stow 'N Go second-row bucket seats, power driver's seat
- SXT: Navigation radio, Driver Convenience Group that features heated front seats, heated steering wheel, second-row window shades
The 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan is available in six exterior colors: Billet Silver Metallic, Black Onyx, Granite Crystal, IndiGo Blue, Octane Red and White Knuckle.
The Chrysler Pacifica, Pacifica Hybrid and Dodge Grand Caravan are built at Windsor Assembly Plant in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Orders open in the spring, with 35th Anniversary Editions arriving in dealerships this summer – just in time for family road trips.
About Chrysler Pacifica/Pacifica Hybrid
The Chrysler Pacifica and Pacifica Hybrid reinvent the minivan segment with an unprecedented level of functionality, versatility, technology and bold styling. Re-engineered from the ground up on an all-new platform, the Pacifica delivers class-leading gasoline and hybrid powertrains to the minivan segment. The Pacifica Hybrid takes this revolutionary vehicle a step further with its innovative, advanced hybrid powertrain. It's the first electrified vehicle in the minivan segment and achieves more than 80 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) in electric-only mode, has an all-electric range of more than 30 miles and a total range of more than 500 miles.
With more than 100 available safety and security features, the Uconnect Theater rear-seat entertainment system, available 4G Wifi and a full array of comfort and convenience technologies, the Chrysler Pacifica has earned its spot as the most awarded minivan since 2016, with both the Pacifica and Pacifica Hybrid serving as no-compromise minivans ideally suited for today's families.
About Dodge Grand Caravan
The Dodge Grand Caravan continues its tradition of offering customers style, versatility and added features at an outstanding value. Since FCA US LLC invented the minivan segment 35 years ago, the innovative Grand Caravan has introduced nearly 80 segment firsts, including ParkView rear backup camera, Stow 'n Place roof rack and selectable fuel economizer mode. One innovation that continues is the Grand Caravan's industry-exclusive Super Stow 'n Go seating, which can be easily operated with one hand, allowing users to convert from carrying seven to hauling cargo in a matter of seconds. The Grand Caravan is equipped with more than 55 available safety, security and technology features.
About FCA US LLC
FCA US LLC is a North American automaker based in Auburn Hills, Michigan. It designs, manufactures, and sells or distributes vehicles under the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram, FIAT and Alfa Romeo brands, as well as the SRT performance designation. The Company also distributes Mopar and Alfa Romeo parts and accessories. FCA US is building upon the historic foundations of Chrysler Corp., established in 1925 by industry visionary Walter P. Chrysler and Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino (F.I.A.T.), founded in Italy in 1899 by pioneering entrepreneurs, including Giovanni Agnelli. FCA US is a member of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) family of companies. (NYSE: FCAU/ MTA: FCA).
FCA is an international automotive group listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FCAU" and on the Mercato Telematico Azionario under the symbol "FCA."
Follow FCA US news and video on:
Company blog: blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Twitter (Spanish): www.twitter.com/fcausespanol
Media website: media.fcanorthamerica.com
SOURCE FCA US LLC