HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Jan. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Just three weeks into 2014, 53 percent of Americans who had committed to a New Year's resolution have already given up, according to a new survey from Sears Holdings.* The survey also found that exercising, eating healthier and losing weight are the top broken resolutions. To help reignite those commitments, Sears and Kmart have introduced "Resolve to Redeem" deals on resolution-reviving products at shopyourway.com/resolvetoredeem. Shop Your Way members can save even more by redeeming special soon-to-expire points they may have earned over the holiday season.
"Nearly half – 47 percent – of Americans say buying new products or equipment helps them stay motivated to stick with their resolutions," said Andrea Woroch, nationally recognized consumer trends analyst and money-saving expert. "As shoppers look to maximize the value of purchases after holiday spending, redeeming points can help save even more. Shopping with a gift card received for Christmas, plus redeeming points on a purchase, is a smart one-two-punch saving strategy. Points can be spent to scoop up deals and stay motivated, especially if one of your resolutions is to improve your finances."
The significant amount of Shop Your Way points available to members is partly a result of the first-ever Shop Your Way Holiday Bonus offer from Sears. The offer gave members up to 10 percent back in points on purchases made with a Sears credit card or three percent back in points when using any other form of payment during the entire holiday shopping season.
"Sears and Kmart are focused on giving members better deals and better ways to shop, in particular with the points they've earned that can help improve their lives and meet their personal goals in 2014," said Imran Jooma, executive vice president, Sears Holdings. "Shop Your Way makes it easy and rewarding for members to tap into points to save money on purchases, stretch shopping budgets, and make resolutions stick in the New Year."
Based on popular New Year's resolutions, Sears and Kmart are offering "Resolve to Redeem" deals on products available at shopyourway.com/resolvetoredeem that include:
- Lose Weight – Hit the gym in style to keep shedding those holiday pounds with great discounts on fitness apparel at Kmart from Everlast Sport® for women and Athletech® men's activewear (sale price $7.98 - $21.98).
- Exercise – 38 percent of Americans say a new treadmill would help motivate them to exercise more often. Start making strides by saving $360 on a NordicTrack T6.1 Treadmill at Sears (reg. price $899.99; sale price $539.99).
- Get a New Job – Kick your job search into high gear on a new Dell Inspiron 15.6" laptop from Sears on sale for $379.99 (reg. price $399.99).
- Eat Healthier – More than one-third – 35 percent – of Americans say new kitchen appliances would help them stay motivated to cook healthier meals at home. The George Foreman Champ Grill is an easy and healthy way to grill your favorites indoors, available for less than $20 for Shop Your Way members at Sears.
- Manage Stress – Melt stress away at the end of the day with 50 percent off recliners from Simmons and La-Z-Boy at Sears.
- Improve Your Romantic Relationship – Plan ahead for Valentine's Day with up to 75 percent off fine jewelry at Sears including the Romanza Bangle and Earrings 2-piece set (reg. price $459.99; sale price $103.49).
- Stop Procrastinating – Tackle home improvement projects with 20 percent off Craftsman tools at Sears including the Craftsman 263 piece mechanic's tool set (reg. price $299.99; sale price $189.99).
Shop Your Way is a free, instant, member-based shopping program and community that offers rewards, personalized deals, product reviews, member coupons and e-receipts for faster returns and exchanges. The program creates new conveniences for shoppers by connecting all of the ways to shop – in store, at home, online and by phone. Members can browse, review, shop and purchase items, create custom wish lists to share with friends and family, seek advice from friends and their social network, enter amazing daily sweepstakes, and access exclusive brands like Adam Levine and Nicki Minaj apparel and accessory collections. Unlike other reward programs, there is no minimum required for members to redeem points and points can be used toward purchases across countless product categories. Members can also unlock special deals and personalized offers by using the Shop Your Way app to "Shop'In" when they are near a Sears, Kmart or other nearby business and locations. Download the free Shop Your Way app available on iTunes or Google Play. Follow #ResolveToRedeem for tips and deals on ways to save in the New Year.
*This survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of Sears Holding from January 14-16, 2014 among 2,035 adults ages 18 and older. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables, please contact: Heather Ribeiro, firstname.lastname@example.org, 312-527-2SHC (2742).
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ :SHLD ) is a leading integrated retailer with almost 2,500 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada and the home of Shop Your Way, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through ShopYourWay.com. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, fitness equipment and automotive repair and maintenance. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, with a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, the Kardashian Kollection, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as Sofia by Sofia Vergara and The Country Living Home Collection. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 14 million service and installation calls made annually, and have a long-established commitment to those who serve in the military through initiatives like the Heroes at Home program. We have been named the 2011 Mobile Retailer of the Year, Recipient of the 2013 ENERGY STAR® "Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence Award" for Product Retailing and Energy Management and was named one of the Top 20 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com. Twitter: @searsholdings || Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SHCCareers
SOURCE Sears Holdings Corporation