Real Neighborhood Solutions for Older Adults
CHICAGO, Aug. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Mather LifeWays—a unique, non-denominational, not-for-profit that serves older adults—recently launched MOREways.org, a website that is a helpful resource for older adults to access information about their local neighborhoods. Utilizing an online solution developed by Serality from Hopkinton, Massachusetts, MOREways.org connects older adults (age 55 and better) to community-based resources and extends the reach of innovative community programs offered by Mather LifeWays -- which already serve more than 34,000 older adults each year.
MOREways.org helps older adults:
- engage with people in the local community
- keep up with what's going on in their neighborhood and around the city
- tips about maintaining finances and consumer alerts
- foster interests (volunteer opportunities, books/movies/music, arts and culture, gardening and food recipes, technology, history, etc.); and
- reach out to others in the neighborhood through message boards, instant messaging, and scheduled meet-ups.
- get information about topics that matter to them including: deals from local businesses and restaurants and information about health and wellness, aging issues, updates to laws and benefits (Medicare)
"MOREways.org offers more opportunities, resources, and experiences," states Kate Paz, Director of Mather LifeWays Programs without Walls. "It's a one-stop, virtual hub for older adults…they can get information, offer information, and connect with others in their neighborhood." Currently, the site services the Chicago neighborhoods of Edgewater and Portage Park, and will expand to other markets in the near future.
MOREways.org is powered by Serality. Serality's platform is the first community social network and operating platform for real-life communities that serve the 50+ population. Serality's customers include a growing network of pioneering organizations in the Chicago area and nationwide.
Demonstrations of the MOREways.org website will be presented on October 15, 2012, 2:00 p.m., at Mather's—More Than a Cafe on Central (3235 N. Central Avenue, Chicago, Ill.); and on October 24, 2012, 2:00 p.m., at Mather Edgewater (St. Andrew's Greek Orthodox Church, 5649 N. Sheridan Road, Chicago, Ill.)
For more information, call Mather LifeWays at (888) 600.2560.
SOURCE Mather LifeWays