BATTLE CREEK, Mich., May 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- MorningStar Farms®, a leading plant-based food brand for more than 40 years, today debuts its docu-series, "The Veg Effect™" about how changing the world starts with one simple question: What should I eat today? The five-episode docu-series features stories of folks leading veggie-full lives and is available on demand starting today at Amazon, Google Play and iTunes. What do a butcher, beer brewer, tap dancer, stuntwoman and hip-hopper all have in common? They each found their own #WayToVeg.
Told through the lives of the healthy veg-loving hip-hop family from Atlanta, to the butchers who subscribe to "Meatless Mondays," The Veg Effect is the story of changing eating habits for a better today and a much better tomorrow. Viewers will get a glimpse into the inspiring and, at times, surprising stories of fascinating people from across the U.S., and how eating more veggie meals has created positive change.
- Stic (Atlanta, GA) – Vegan, hip-hop artist and co-founder of Dead Prez is the first to admit he wasn't always so healthy, but talks about the healing properties of a veggie-heavy diet.
- Danielle Burgio (Los Angeles, CA) – Danielle's life as a stuntwoman proves that meat and potatoes aren't the only things that make a body kick butt.
- Baredu Ahmed (Washington, DC) – Driven by love, Baredu's journey to a vegetarian life balances her ambitions, her relationship and her family's deep-rooted traditions.
- Trey Nichols & James Holtslag (San Diego, CA) – Trey and James are butchers who believe in the power of plants and care as much about the quality of meat they serve as they do the land it takes to raise it.
- Dave Thibodeau (Durango, CO) – Dave hails from Colorado and mixes his love for Ska music, beer and comic books into an unlikely life as a vegetarian and conservationist.
"MorningStar Farms' mission is to inspire people to make positive changes – not just to the way they eat, but also to the world we live in," said Todd Smith, Director of Brand and Innovation Marketing at MorningStar Farms. "We're passionate about showing people that there are many different ways to veg and wanted to share new, personal stories in a way that's unexpected from MorningStar Farms. We hope that The Veg Effect series will show that everyone is welcome at the veggie table.''
The Veg Effect is a co-production with MorningStar Farms' agency, Red Tettemer O'Connell + Partners and Washington Square Films with director Alison Klayman, an independent award-winning filmmaker and journalist. MorningStar Farms partnered with FilmBuff for the docu-series release and distribution. More information can be found at www.morningstarfarms.com/way-to-veg.
About Kellogg Company
At Kellogg Company (NYSE: K), we strive to make foods people love. This includes our beloved brands – Kellogg's®, Keebler®, Special K®, Pringles®, Kellogg's Frosted Flakes®, Pop-Tarts®, Kellogg's Corn Flakes®, Rice Krispies®, Cheez-It®, Eggo®, Mini-Wheats® and more – that nourish families so they can flourish and thrive. With 2015 sales of 13.5 billion and more than 1,600 foods, Kellogg is the world's leading cereal company; second largest producer of cookies, crackers and savory snacks; and a leading North American frozen foods company. Through our Breakfasts for Better Days™ global hunger initiative, we've provided more than 1.4 billion servings of cereal and snacks to children and families in need around the world. To learn more, visit www.kelloggcompany.com or follow us on Twitter @KelloggCompany, YouTube and on Social K.
Click to Tweet: Check out this new docu-series, #thevegeffect and find out how adding veggie protein to your diet can help the planet and you! #waytoveg
Click to Tweet: What connects a hip-hop artist, dancer, butcher, stuntwoman and brewery owner? New docu-series #thevegeffect. #waytoveg everyone!
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/morningstar-farms-debuts-the-veg-effect-docu-series-300269549.html
SOURCE Kellogg Company