FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich., Aug. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- MPRO, as part of Lake Superior Quality Innovation Network (QIN), and Governor Rick Snyder are proud to announce the return of the Governor's Award of Excellence. These prestigious awards recognize health care providers for their dedication to improving health care quality and patient safety in Michigan. To be eligible for the awards, participating providers will have to achieve, maintain and continually improve specific and rigorous milestones.
"These providers are setting the standard of better health care for all of Michigan residents," said Snyder. "It's essential we recognize them for their commitment and contribution to improving the quality of life for all Michiganders."
The Governor's Award of Excellence was developed in 2003, recognizing providers with a special focus on some of Michigan's most pressing health issues. As part of the newly-announced five-year long program, individual awards will be offered in the following areas:
- Improving cardiac health and reducing cardiac disparities
- Reducing hospital readmissions and improving coordination of care between health care settings
- Reducing disparities in diabetes care
- Improving adult immunization rates and reducing immunization disparities
- Improving screening rates for depression and alcohol use disorder in primary care settings and reducing readmission rates for inpatient psychiatric facilities
- Reducing healthcare-associated infections in hospitals
- Improving prevention coordination through the meaningful use of health information technology
- Reducing healthcare-acquired conditions in nursing homes
- Improving quality through value-based payment, quality reporting and physician feedback reporting program
"We are thrilled to extend these prestigious awards and honor providers for delivering safe, efficient and effective health care," said MPRO President and Chief Executive Officer Robert Yellan, MPH, J.D., FACHE.
The official kickoff and recruitment for participation in the Governor's Award of Excellence is scheduled for September, 2015.
About MPRO and Lake Superior Quality Innovation Network
MPRO is a nonprofit organization and national leader in health care quality improvement and medical review. Our goal is simple - we are helping health care get better. MPRO provides medical consulting and review, as well as data analysis to federal agencies, state Medicaid and public health organizations, health care facilities, private health plans and other third party payers. For more information about MPRO, visit www.mpro.org. In addition, MPRO represents Michigan in Lake Superior Quality Innovation Network (QIN), which also serves Minnesota and Wisconsin under the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Quality Improvement Organization Program (QIO). For more information about Lake Superior QIN, visit www.lsqin.org.