KANSAS CITY, Mo., Dec. 1, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- MRIGlobal announced that its Board of Directors has elected three new members to the MRIGlobal Board of Directors.
The three new MRIGlobal Board Members are:
- Neeli Bendapudi, Ph.D., Dean and H.D. Price Professor of Business, University of Kansas School of Business
- David B. Dillon, J.D., Retired Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, The Kroger Company
- David Field Oliver, J.D., Attorney Berkowitz Oliver Williams Shaw and Eisenbrandt, LLP
"We welcome Dr. Neeli Bendapudi, David Dillion and David Oliver to our Board," said Tom Bowser, MRIGlobal Chairman of the Board of Directors, "We look forward to their business insight as we move into new markets."
Bowser has been a member of the MRIGlobal Board of Trustees since 2008 and was named Chairman of the Board of Directors in 2014.
Each board term is three years of service with a maximum of three terms.
Dr. Neeli Bendapudi is the Dean and H.D. Price Professor of Business at the University of Kansas School of Business. Dean Bendapudi earned a doctorate from the University of Kansas and has taught at Texas A&M and The Ohio State University. Her research has appeared in Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Retailing, and Harvard Business Review. She has taught at the undergraduate, MBA, Executive MBA, and Ph.D. levels and has received numerous college, university and national teaching awards. She has experience on public and private boards, and served as EVP and Chief Customer Officer of Huntington National Bank.
David B. Dillion has more than 37 years of experience in the consumer products business. He served as Kroger's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer and held a variety of executive positions at Kroger and Dillon Companies. During his tenure as CEO, Kroger grew revenue by $45 billion, created 53,000 new jobs, reduced costs for eight consecutive years and returned $9.2 billion to shareholders through share repurchases and dividends. Dillon serves on multiple boards.
David Field Oliver practices law in the area of complex business disputes; has extensive experience in class action work in state and federal court; counsels clients on how to avoid business disputes; and deals with issues of board governance and fiduciary duty claims. He serves on multiple boards in arts, education, charitable foundations and is a trustee of the Murphy Charitable Fund.
The three new Board members replace Barbara Atkinson, M.D., University of Nevada, Las Vegas; Richard C. Green, Jr., Corridor InfraTrust Management, LLC.; and A. Drue Jennings, J.D., Kansas City Power and Light (retired).
The Vice Chairmen of the Board of Directors are:
- Barrett Brady, Retired Senior Vice President, Highwoods Properties, Inc.
- Richard B. Myers, General, UASF (retired), RMyers & Associates
- Jefferson W. Tester, Ph.D., Croll Professor of Sustainable Energy Systems, Atkinson Center for a Sustainable Future Fellow Director, Cornell Energy Institute, Cornell University
The remaining Board Members are:
- Malcolm M. Aslin, Retired Chairman of the Board, Aslin Group, Inc. & Alterra Bank
- Alexander G. Garza, M.D., M.P.H., Associate Dean and Professor Epidemiology, College of Public Health and Social Justice, Saint Louis University
- William A. Hall, President, The Hall Family Foundation
- Leo E. Morton, Chancellor, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Thomas M. Sack, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer, MRIGlobal
- Michael Salem, M. D., President and Chief Executive Officer, National Jewish Health
- James L. Spigarelli, Ph.D., Retired President and Chief Executive Officer, MRIGlobal
In addition, Richard C. Green, Jr., was made a life trustee and Marc B. Hahn, D.O., K.C. University of Medicine and Biosciences has joined the Board of Trustees.
MRIGlobal's Board of Directors govern and direct the leadership of the organization while the 121 members of the Board of Trustees serve in an advisory capacity to the Board of Directors.
For more information, visit www.mriglobal.org.