SACRAMENTO, Calif., Sept. 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Owner and CEO of African American Expressions, Greg Perkins, founded the company after being fed up with the non-representation of African Americans in the retail market. 2016 marks the celebration of their 25th year, a rarity for any business, but even more so as a black-owned company. From selling three greeting cards out of the garage, to offering hundreds of items ranging from calendars and coffee mugs, to highly-sought after, limited edition collectibles; African American Expressions is now the largest, and premier supplier for the minority retail market.
"I got tired of walking into a store and not seeing myself in anything I bought. We are the strongest influencers in the retail market, and wield some of the strongest buying power in the United States; yet I couldn't walk into a mall and find a black or brown face on any of the cards I wanted to send out to my family? It made no sense. Something had to change." - Greg Perkins, owner and CEO.
Among the company's many attributes:
- Over 70 new products were introduced to their product line this season alone
- Highly sought after collectibles featuring world renowned artists
- A 12-14% growth rate in profits is anticipated from 2015 to now
- Currently featuring 700+ quality products geared toward minority audiences
- Helped raise millions of dollars nationwide for varying organizations
- Actively take part in providing services to homeless men, women and children in Sacramento through varying charitable groups
African American Expressions is the only one-stop shop for quality products honoring the faces, hairstyles, and skin tones of millions of overlooked American consumers.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/multi-million-dollar-black-owned-business-achieves-25-years-of-serving-the-community-300335902.html
SOURCE African American Expressions