NEW YORK, Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Mutual of America announced the recipients of its 2012 Community Partnership Award, which annually honors the outstanding contributions that nonprofit organizations, in partnership with public, private and other social sector organizations, make to society.
This year's Governor Hugh L. Carey Award recipient, given to the national award-winning program, is Operation Rebound, which uses the healing power of sports as a path to recovery for active duty service members, veterans and first responders who have suffered life-changing injuries as a result of their service.
The 2012 recipients, whose programs tackle critical issues such as education, exposure to violence, mental health and hunger, include:
Governor Hugh L. Carey Award
- Operation Rebound (Challenged Athletes Foundation, San Diego, CA)
Honorable Mention Recipients
- Bridge to College (College Bound Dorchester, Dorchester, MA)
- 360o Model (UCAN, Chicago, IL)
- Building Careers Volunteer Program (MedWish International, Cleveland, OH)
- Food on the Move (CitySquare, Dallas, TX)
- Project Preserve (Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee, Nashville, TN)
- School Change Team (Change for Kids, Inc., New York, NY)
- TnT (Tennis-n-Tutoring) (MaliVai Washington Kids Foundation, Jacksonville, FL)
- The Wellness Project (Community Services Northwest, Vancouver, WA)
- West Virginia Rx Program (West Virginia Health Right, Inc., Charleston, WV)
"All of the 2012 honorees are leaders in society, creating innovative and effective solutions to help those in need," said Thomas J. Moran, Chairman, President and CEO, Mutual of America. "Through the Community Partnership Award, Mutual of America is proud to recognize, support and help extend the reach of these vital partnerships."
Since its inception in 1996, the Community Partnership Award has recognized 170 partnerships across America.
About Mutual of America
Mutual of America specializes in providing retirement products and related services to organizations and their employees, as well as to individuals. Since 1945, Mutual of America has remained committed to offering plan sponsors, plan participants and individuals carefully selected, quality products and services at a competitive price and the personal attention they need to help build and preserve assets for a financially secure future. For more information, visit mutualofamerica.com.
SOURCE Mutual of America