STERLING, Va., Nov. 7, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Mvix, a leading provider of content-rich digital signage software and solutions, has implemented a digital signage network at the Encompass Health Fredericksburg, Virginia, rehab hospital. The 6 networked displays are for employee communication.
Powered by Mvix, the signs display important employee and company updates, share birthday and anniversary messages, and showcase current employee engagement initiatives.
Formerly known as the HealthSouth Corporation, Encompass Health is one of the country's largest providers of post-acute healthcare services. They offer both facility-based and home-based post-acute services in 36 states and Puerto Rico through their network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies and hospice agencies.
The HR department at Encompass Health Fredericksburg was desperate to improve the network of internal communications between doctors at their facility.
They needed a solution that would:
- communicate urgently and immediately with staff in real time to quickly pass on information that was previously limited to emails
- allow them to communicate across many wings of the hospital
- appear modern and attractive to match the hospital aesthetic
- streamline employee communications into one shared channel
The CEO of Encompass Health Fredericksburg was a champion of using digital signage as an answer to these challenges.
Working together with the Mvix team, Encompass Health of Fredericksburg implemented a network of six digital signs strategically located in the break rooms, nurses stations and the check-in/out locations.
The Mvix platform offered:
- scalability - adding more screens to the cloud-based digital signage network was a breeze. The screens could be grouped together by location or use case for even easier scalability
- advanced scheduling - new employee initiatives and team goals could be scheduled and posted in advance
- remote management - the HR department can monitor content anywhere in the hospital from a single location
- content-rich features - integrations with metrics draw attention to the displays and the posted messages
Encompass Health has noticed:
- increased awareness for performance improvement campaigns
- greater engagement in company initiatives
- faster communications across departments
"Digital signage has proven a powerful tool for us to use," said Bryana Reilly, manager of quality control at Encompass Health. "More importantly, it also empowers our employees, which is really what we were looking for in a solution."
"We worked closely with the staff at Encompass to ensure the digital signs met all of their requirements," said Jacqueline Hoffmann, solutions consultant at Mvix. "It's very satisfying to hear how Encompass is using our system as a platform to reimagine their internal communications structures."
To read the detailed case study, download a free copy here.
Mvix is a leading provider of content-rich digital signage software and solutions. To date, the Mvix platform powers over 50,000 active screens for clients including Virginia Tech, NASA, Sodexo, Discovery Channel and the University of Washington. The use cases include employee communication, wayfinding, emergency messaging and customer communications.
For more information, call 703.382.1739 or visit www.mvixdigitalsignage.com.
Digital Signage boosts Employee Communications at Virginia Rehab Hospital