COSTA MESA, Calif., Aug. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- NADAguides, the leading online provider of vehicle pricing and information, gives top honors to the 2011 BMW 535i by awarding it the NADAguides Car of the Month for August.
- The BMW 535i was chosen as the NADAguides Car of the Month for August based on exceptional overall design inside and out, smooth power, controlled and comfortable drive, responsive handling, and intuitive ahead-of-the-curve technology and safety features. Additionally, NADAguides analysts note that even with such ample under-the-hood power, the BMW 535i offers pretty impressive fuel efficiency.
- NADAguides analysts acknowledged the BMW 535i when consumer interest jumped nearly 32 percent from Q1 to Q2. So far this year, the BMW 535i consumer interest has steadily increased month over month with the biggest increase on NADAguides.com coming in February, as compared to January – a nearly 45 percent increase in consumer interest traffic.
- The 2011 BMW 535i RWD offers a starting MSRP of $50,100 while the 535i xDrive AWD starts at $52,400.
- Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development at NADAguides: "It's easy to get comfortable behind the wheel of the BMW 535i. In just a short amount of time our drive team was able to master the media, climate and seating controls to reach ultimate comfort levels and drive this vehicle at the level it deserves. The 2011 BMW 535i is impressive, aggressive and with executive level styling. We are proud to call it the NADAguides Car of the Month for August 2011."
- Tom Plucinsky, Product and Technology Communications Manager for BMW of North America, LLC: "The new BMW 5 Series Sedan marks the epitome of modern design and driving pleasure in the world of premium midsize sedans. Through its athletic and executive looks, driving dynamics typical of BMW, and innovative comfort and safety features, the sixth generation of BMW's executive express accurately reflects the standards upheld by the world's most successful manufacturer of premium cars. Two in-line 6 models, the 528i and 535i, and one V-8 model, the 400 hp 550i, are available."
2011 BMW 535i Highlights
- Engine: The 2011 BMW 535i RWD comes standard with a 3.0 liter, 6-cylinder engine with TwinPower Turbo technology, 300 horsepower, and achieves as impressive 28 MPG highway. BMW also offers the xDrive all-wheel-drive system which brings a rear wheel bias to ensure footing and grip without sacrificing the feel. The 535i xDrive AWD offers 29 MPG highway. NADAguides' analysts commented that the engine provides plenty of continuous power, responsive and tight handling, a comfortable ride on all types of driving surfaces, and typical of the 5 Series, the 535i still allows you to feel the road in a controlled and very comfortable manner. As part of BMW's Dynamic Handling Package, the BMW 535i includes Adaptive Drive which offers Active Roll Stabilization and Dynamic Damping Control – allowing the driver to experience greater contact with the road and the passengers to experience a more level ride.
- Interior: The 2011 BMW 535i offers quality, detail and an ergonomic design throughout its interior. Wood grain accents and soft plush leather seats combined with the leather wrapped steering wheel add to the overall luxurious feel of the vehicle. The analysts at NADAguides feel the BMW 535i is logically arranged, making it intuitive for the driver and passengers master all vehicle controls. The 535i also offers 18-way power Multi-contour front seats that conform to the body and provide optimum support and comfort. The vehicle comes standard with a convenient start/stop button, 2-way power moonroof with remote, and many more features that offer comfort and convenience.
- Technology: BMW's iDrive System controls all information, entertainment and comfort features of the BMW 535i. With a 10.25-inch, high-resolution display, an integrated Hard Disk Drive with 12 GB of storage, and superior ergonomics the system beats out the competition. The BMW 535i offers premium sound through a 16-speaker surround system with a nine-channel amplifier and 600 watts of power. By partnering with Google™ the iDrive system allows users to send a destination from the internet directly to the vehicle from any computer or handheld device, or by signing up for the BMW Assist Convenience Plan consumers can search Google maps from within the vehicle. Additionally, MyInfo allows drivers to upload personal business listing, street addresses, and phone numbers to the system. The BMW 535i also offers the Parking Assistant which searches for a parking space and parks the vehicle for the driver. BMW's ConnectedDrive system keeps the driver connected through a Mobile Office which can display smartphone emails and text messages on the iDrive screen and/or read them out loud if the vehicle is in motion. The system also allows the user to view album titles, artwork and wirelessly stream music from a Bluetooth compatible phone or MP3 player.
- Safety: Through the iDrive system, users can access the BMW Assist® services which is a safety plan offered for four years at no extra cost – trained response specialists are available at the touch of a button to provide enhanced roadside assistance. BMW also offers an optional Head-Up Display, which gives the driver the ability to see speed and navigation directions through a projection on the windshield – ensuring they never have to take their focus off of the road. Additionally, the 535i comes with Active Blind Spot Detection which uses radar sensors to monitor traffic surrounding the vehicle and alerts the driver if a vehicle is in their blind spot. The BMW 535i comes standard with a driver's and passenger's front airbag supplemental restraint system with advanced technology, as well as front-seat side-impact airbags, Active Head Restraints for both the driver and passenger, and a crash sensor that when triggered activates Battery Safety Terminal disconnect of the alternator, fuel pump and start from the battery as well as automatically unlocks doors and turns on the hazard and interior lights
- Price/Warranty: MSRP for the 2011 BMW 535i RWD starts as $50,100 while the 535i xDrive AWD starts at $52,400. The BMW Unlimited Service program provides four-year, 50,000 mile warranty, the BMW Maintenance Program which covers all factory-recommended maintenance services during the four-year, 50,000 mile period, the BMW Assist Safety Plan which allows the vehicle to contact the dealership directly when it needs service or maintenance and a four-year, unlimited mileage roadside assistance program.
About NADAguides Car of the Month Award
The NADAguides Car of the Month award provides consumers with practical information on new cars, trucks and SUVs chosen by the analysts at NADAguides for exceptional performance, efficiency, features, options and appeal. Criteria used to determine the Car of the Month includes: quality of engineering, fuel efficiency, safety equipment and ratings, pricing and overall value, sales trends, consumer market interest on NADAguides.com, and test drives performed by NADAguides market analysts. Car of the Month vehicles are eligible for the NADAguides Car of the Year award.
NADAguides (www.nadaguides.com) is the largest publisher of vehicle pricing and information for new and used cars, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and manufactured homes. NADAguides offers in-depth shopping and research tools in addition to the most market-reflective pricing available. The company also produces software, mobile applications, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks.
NADAguides on Twitter
NADAguides on Facebook
NADAguides on YouTube