COSTA MESA, Calif., Jan. 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- NADAguides, the leading provider of vehicle pricing and information, names the all-new 2011 Chevrolet Cruze its January "Car of the Month."
- NADAguides selected the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze as the January "Car of the Month" based on quality of engineering, fuel efficiency, safety equipment, value, success in achieving its intended function within its segment and market interest.
- Chevrolet's tagline for the Cruze is "Get Used to More" and the analysts at NADAguides believe the Cruze absolutely delivers on this statement. The Cruze is rich with premium features such as keyless entry, Bluetooth, leather interior touches, satellite radio, leather/power/heated seats, OnStar®, great cargo space and more. All items not typically standard for this segment and with a starting price of $16,275, the Chevrolet Cruze offers unrivaled value.
- NADAguides analysts indicate an average monthly consumer interest increase of 86% since June of 2010 for the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze.
- Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development at NADAguides: "This is an impressive sedan and a nice surprise in terms of quality, comfort and standard features. I found myself wanting to drive the Cruze over my personal vehicle for errands and just cruising around town. The creature comforts, handling and fuel efficiency are the real attraction points and things you get used to very quickly. We have seen an increase in consumer interest data for Chevrolet, which was also named our NADAguides 2010 Most Researched Brand, and this all-new Cruze is definitely a contributing factor to that accolade. "
- Lisa Hutchinson, Chevrolet Cruze Marketing Director: "We set out to redefine the compact segment with Cruze by offering customers more of the features they want than comparably equipped competitive models. The Cruze offers significantly more value than the competition with more standard equipment, segment leading safety features, segment leading fuel economy and a fun-to-drive ride characteristic."
2011 Chevrolet Cruze Highlights
- Engine: The 2011 Chevrolet Cruze is powered by a 1.8-liter 138-hp DOHC I4, 6-speed manual or automatic transmission that achieves an estimated 26 miles per gallon (MPG) in the city and 36 MPG on the highway. Chevrolet also offers a 1.4-liter turbo I4 and an ECO trim level that is expected to deliver up to 40 MPG on the highway.
- Interior: The 5-seat Chevrolet Cruze offers passengers generous room in a high quality interior with single zone climate control, power driver seat and power windows, a pass-through rear seat, and a leather wrapped steering wheel. Additionally, the NADAguides' analysts found the three temperature setting heated seats to be quite a luxury; a nice change from the traditional on/off heated seats.
- Technology: The Chevrolet Cruze offers features that are not typical in its segment including Bluetooth, USB connectivity, OnStar with turn-by-turn Navigation, remote start, premium audio and an RS handling package. The analysts at NADAguides found the digital system interface to be more informative and intuitive than most, offering quick access to audio and climate controls.
- Safety: The Chevrolet Cruze comes standard with 10 airbags, an alarm system, vehicle anti-theft system, 4-wheel ABS brakes and traction control. Additionally, Chevrolet's innovative OnStar system comes standard on all trim levels offering crash response, emergency services, stolen vehicle assistance, remote door unlock, roadside assistance, hands-free calling and vehicle diagnostics.
- Price: The 2011 Chevrolet Cruze starts at $16,275 and reaches just under $22,000 with the fully loaded LTZ trim. With a 5-year/100,000 mile power train warranty, the Cruze offers outstanding value in the compact car segment.
About NADAguides Car of the Month Award
The NADAguides "Car of the Month" award provides consumers with practical information on cars, trucks and SUVs chosen by the analysts at NADAguides for exceptional performance, efficiency, features, options and appeal. Criteria used to determine the Car of the Month includes: quality of engineering, fuel efficiency, safety equipment and ratings, pricing and overall value, sales trends, consumer market interest on NADAguides.com and test drives performed by NADAguides' analysts. Car of the Month vehicles are eligible for NADAguides' Car of the Year award.
Founded in Detroit in 1911, Chevrolet celebrates its centennial as a global automotive brand with annual sales of more than 4 million vehicles in 130 countries. In the U.S., the Chevrolet portfolio includes: iconic performance cars, such as Corvette and Camaro; dependable, long lasting pickups and SUVs, such as Silverado and Suburban; and award-winning passenger cars and crossovers, such as Malibu, Equinox and Traverse. Chevrolet also offers "gas-friendly" solutions, such as the Chevrolet Cruze ECO with an EPA-estimated 42 miles per gallon highway, and the Chevrolet Volt offering 35 miles of electric driving and an additional 344 miles of extended gasoline range, according to EPA estimates. Most new Chevrolet models offer OnStar safety, security, and convenience technologies including OnStar Hands-Free Calling, Automatic Crash Response, and Stolen Vehicle Slowdown. More information regarding Chevrolet models, fuel solutions, and OnStar availability can be found at www.chevrolet.com.
NADAguides (www.nadaguides.com) is the largest publisher of vehicle pricing and information for new and used cars, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and manufactured homes. NADAguides offers in-depth shopping and research tools in addition to the most market-reflective pricing available. The company also produces software, mobile applications, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks.
NADAguides on Twitter
NADAguides on Facebook
NADAguides on YouTube