PHOENIX, April 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Namecheap, the second largest retail domain registrar in the world, is introducing a new initiative encouraging parents to register their children's first domain. Whether it is buying a domain with a baby's name for future investment, or securing a piece of digital real estate for a kid's first online project, there has never been a better time for parents to share and experience the Internet with their children.
To launch the new initiative, today Namecheap is kicking off a special sale running till May 13. The sale includes 14 discounted TLDs for all the future entrepreneurs, doctors, lawyers, developers, tech gurus - whatever a kid's interests are! Namecheap believes a child's name is a huge part of their identity, and giving kids the gift of a domain name is reserving them a part of the Internet to create amazing things.
Additionally, to support the new campaign, Namecheap created two valuable resources for parents including a blog on keeping your child safe online, as well as an online checklist for "Securing Your Child's Digital Footprint."
What is a domain and why reserve it?
- A domain is the address used to access a website. It's the path to a location on the Internet where you can store a website when you decide to build it.
- Protect your child's digital identity: Popular names disappear fast, so reserve their name today so no one else can register it.
- Give a kid the chance to do something great – web albums, portfolios, college applications, even a first business! No need to create the website now – their domain will be ready when they are.
To register a domain follow these three easy steps:
- Step 1: Use the search bar on our campaign page to check availability for your child's name. Each domain is followed by an extension (or 'TLD') like .com, .net, .org, etc. You can try it as one word (harrysmith.com), add hyphens (harry-smith.com), or get creative!
- Step 2: Select your preferred domain and process the transaction. If you choose one of our featured domains, you can save by applying coupon code MYFIRSTDOMAIN when you check out.
- Step 3: Follow the instructions, add your credit card and complete the purchase.
Namecheap is an ICANN-accredited domain registrar and technology company founded in 2000 by CEO Richard Kirkendall. Celebrating nearly two decades of providing unparalleled levels of service, security, and support, Namecheap has been steadfast in customer satisfaction. With over 10 million domains under management, Namecheap is among the top domain registrar and web hosting providers in the world. To learn more about Namecheap, visit namecheap.com.
Contact: Derek Musso