WASHINGTON, April 10, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- NASA will discuss new results about ocean worlds in our solar system from the agency's Cassini spacecraft and the Hubble Space Telescope during a news briefing 2 p.m. EDT on Thursday, April 13. The event, to be held at the James Webb Auditorium at NASA Headquarters in Washington, will include remote participation from experts across the country.
The briefing will be broadcast live on NASA Television and the agency's website.
These new discoveries will help inform future ocean world exploration -- including NASA's upcoming Europa Clipper mission planned for launch in the 2020s -- and the broader search for life beyond Earth.
The news briefing participants will be:
- Thomas Zurbuchen, associate administrator, Science Mission Directorate at NASA Headquarters in Washington
- Jim Green, director, Planetary Science Division at NASA Headquarters
- Mary Voytek, astrobiology senior scientist at NASA Headquarters
- Linda Spilker, Cassini project scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California
- Hunter Waite, Cassini Ion and Neutral Mass Spectrometer team lead at the Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) in San Antonio
- Chris Glein, Cassini INMS team associate at SwRI
- William Sparks, astronomer with the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore
A question-and-answer session will take place during the event with reporters on site and by phone. Members of the public also can ask questions during the briefing using #AskNASA.
To participate by phone, reporters must contact Dwayne Brown at 202-358-1726 or email@example.com and provide their media affiliation no later than noon April 13.
For NASA TV downlink information, schedules and to view the news briefing, visit:
For more information on ocean worlds, visit:
For more information on Cassini, visit:
For more information on Hubble, visit:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nasa-to-reveal-new-discoveries-in-news-conference-on-oceans-beyond-earth-300437487.html