LITTLE ROCK, Ark., Dec. 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Natural Grocers will open its first store in Little Rock, Ark., on Tuesday, Jan. 19. The store, which opens at 8 a.m., is located at 9210 Rodney Parham Road. This will be Natural Grocers' second location in Arkansas, with the company currently operating a store in Fayetteville.
As part the of the Jan. 19 grand opening, Natural Grocers will have a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:55 a.m. and will then distribute mystery gift cards to the first 60 customers in line. Gift cards will be in the amount of $5, $10, $25, $50 and $100. Customers won't know the amount of their gift card until they check out. The store will also offer a tasting of healthy and delicious food from its Paleo Wraps class.
Grand Opening Celebration
The opening of the Little Rock store begins with a live performance by Charlotte Taylor and Gypsy Rain from 8 a.m. – 10 a.m., followed by a series of free, grand opening celebrations, including food tastings, cooking demonstrations and nutrition classes with nutrition experts. All activities will take place from noon to 4 p.m. on the following dates:
- Saturday, Jan. 23: Taste the Difference Food Standards Make
- Saturday, Jan. 30: Gluten-Free Tasting Expo and Health Fair
- Saturday, Feb. 6: Paleo Fair
- Saturday, Feb. 13: Sweet Sensations Health Fair
Natural Grocers will provide the Little Rock community with fresh produce that is exclusively USDA Certified Organic, as well as other healthy, affordable, organic and natural products. The store will feature a mix of national brands and locally-grown, raised and manufactured products from Arkansas in a small, neighborhood market environment. The Little Rock store will also feature a Nutritional Health Coach and offer free nutrition education classes to the public. Natural Grocers Little Rock will be open 7 days a week.
*Click here for a store tour video.
What to Expect from Natural Grocers
- Highest quality organic and natural groceries, dietary supplements and body care products
- EDAP – Every Day Affordable Price®
- Locally sourced products as well as national brands
- Free science-based nutrition classes, health coaching, cooking demos and more
- No artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives and harmful trans-fats
- 100 percent USDA Certified Organic produce
- Strict Meat Standards – raised without antibiotics, growth promoters or feed containing animal by-products
- Pasture-Based Dairy Standard – Dairy products that come exclusively from confinement-free dairies
- Bag-free checkouts and commitment to sustainability
- A Nutritional Health Coach (NHC) in every store
- Knowledgeable staff offering world-class customer service
- Support for local community organizations
Family-run Natural Grocers was built on the premise that consumers should have access to affordable, high-quality foods and dietary supplements, along with nutrition knowledge to help support their own health. The company operates 107 stores in 18 states.
About Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc. (NYSE: NGVC; NaturalGrocers.com) is a rapidly expanding specialty retailer of organic and natural groceries, body care and dietary supplements. The company offers a flexible, neighborhood-store format, affordable prices and free, science-based nutrition education programs to help customers make informed health and nutrition choices. Natural Grocers has over 2,700 employees and operates more than 100 stores in 18 states. Founded in Colorado in 1955, the company is celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2015.
SOURCE Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc.