SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- NAVTEQ, the leading global provider of maps, traffic and location data enabling navigation, location-based services and mobile advertising around the world, is showcasing the latest innovative location products and solutions for app developers and industry customers at the 2011 Where 2.0 conference. NAVTEQ will demonstrate how customers and developers can differentiate and enhance their location solutions to create unique end-user experiences.
Developers will have a first-hand look at how implementing products from NAVTEQ's advanced content portfolio makes it possible to create distinguished location-based solutions. Additionally, the NAVTEQ Network for Developers™ (NN4D) will discuss the unique free business development opportunities and marketing and technical support they provide to location app developers. "Where 2.0 is the perfect place to demonstrate the power of location-aware applications and the vitality of the market," said Marc Naddell, vice president, Partner & Developer Programs, NAVTEQ. "We invite developers to explore our innovative content offerings and the many business development opportunities available free to members of the NAVTEQ Network for Developers. Our objective is to keep our app development partners at the leading edge of emerging trends, and enable them to bring optimal experiences to market faster."
NAVTEQ's showcase of advanced content, products, business development tools, and enhanced location-based experiences, includes:
- The NAVTEQ® App Warehouse is an online portal offering free business development and marketing services to app developers. The portal is designed to introduce developers of location-based apps to commercial buyers, such as handset manufacturers, network operators and vehicle OEMs - and will formalize NAVTEQ Network for Developers'™ (NN4D) co-marketing efforts.
- NAVTEQ LocationPoint™ is one of the world's fastest growing ad networks, delivering hyper-local ads and offers to on-the-go mobile consumers when they're near an advertised point of purchase. LocationPoint helps publishers and developers of commercial apps monetize and create new revenue streams for their high-value content while delivering a location-relevant ad experience that studies show consumers value (MRSI 2009).
- NAVTEQ Traffic™ enables reliable routing and provides an accurate picture of real-world traffic conditions for location-based solutions to help end users reach their destinations faster and more efficiently. NAVTEQ Traffic™ provides traffic coverage in 23 countries worldwide—covering more countries around the world than any other traffic supplier.
- NAVTEQ Visual Content enables location-based solutions to provide the most meaningful and innovative visual cues at the right time, meeting both the customer and consumer demand. NAVTEQ's innovative approach provides high quality content designed to support differentiated apps by delivering the most flexible and accurate visual enhancements of the NAVTEQ® map to enable improved orientation and clarity.
- NAVTEQ Destination Maps™ features a unique set of interior map attributes to move the industry beyond simple interactive floor plans into a three-dimensional data model essential to a more advanced exploration and guidance experience in location-based solutions. The product includes a unique set of interior map attributes with detailed place data to enable users to more efficiently explore interior spaces. Features of this product enable more intuitive guidance by recognizing how pedestrians "cut across" open areas and allow for more relevant searches such as a specific item (sweater) or a broader category (women's clothing).
NAVTEQ's focus remains on delivering products, services and solutions to industry customers and developers, which improve the experience for today's sophisticated consumers.
Please note: the full 2011 Where 2.0 press kit will be available online at the NAVTEQ press center from April 19 at: http://press.navteq.com/Where-2.0-2011-Press-Kit
NAVTEQ is the leading global provider of location content in the form of maps, traffic and places data that enables navigation, location-based services and mobile advertising around the world. NAVTEQ supplies precise, comprehensive location content to power automotive navigation systems, portable and wireless devices, Internet-based mapping applications and government and business solutions. The Chicago-based company was founded in 1985 and has approximately 5,600 employees located in 213 offices in 50 countries.
About NAVTEQ Network for Developers
NAVTEQ Network for Developers (www.NN4D.com) provides developers with the technical and business support needed to build, showcase and launch innovative location-enabled web and mobile solutions for individuals and enterprises. NN4D includes mapping APIs, LBS content, point of interest data and routing information as well as geospatial platforms and tools from NAVTEQ and its partners. Developers new to the site can register at www.NN4D.com/joindevelopers. Find the NN4D on Facebook at www.facebook.com/navteqnetwork4developers and on Twitter at @NN4D.
NAVTEQ and NAVTEQ Network for Developers are trademarks of NAVTEQ in the U.S. and other countries. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.