LAS VEGAS, Jan. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- NAVTEQ, the leading global provider of digital map, traffic and location data for in-vehicle, portable, wireless and enterprise solutions, is showcasing a broad scope of innovative mapping solutions at the 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas (booth #36226, South Hall). The exhibit features NAVTEQ products and services as well as customer demonstrations from leading third-party companies that showcase the evolution of the end-user experience for today's sophisticated consumer.
NAVTEQ Connect is a product showcase area that demonstrates the impactful nature of navigation and location-based solutions to everyday life as consumers navigate through real-world situations while traveling by car or foot.
- NAVTEQ Smart Solutions for Web: This online tool leverages NAVTEQ Traffic(TM) and weather information for optimized trip planning and commute management and relays the information to mobile devices from the PC.
- Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS): NAVTEQ presents map-enhanced ADAS technology which employs speed limit, road curvature, height and slope for safer, more efficient journeys.
- NAVTEQ Map Updates and NAVTEQ Map Reporter(TM): Consumers have access to flexible options for updating/upgrading their NAVTEQ® maps via online tools, and can also provide community-based feedback via NAVTEQ Map Reporter(TM).
- Magneti Marelli: This kiosk demonstrates Magneti Marelli's seamless connectivity solution between vehicle infotainment systems and navigation-enabled smartphones.
- NAVIGON: This kiosk presents advanced navigation features supporting safe, efficient, eco-friendly driving as well as optimized trip-planning and commute management.
- Nokia: This kiosk presents a pedestrian navigation service featuring NAVTEQ Discover Cities(TM) that acts as a virtual tour guide while providing guidance on shortcuts.
- NAVTEQ LocationPoint(TM) Advertising: NAVTEQ's location-aware advertising platform lets retailers deliver highly targeted, relevant and actionable advertising to end users and allows customers to explore potential revenue-share opportunities.
Location-based solutions and navigation combine with NAVTEQ's advanced visual content portfolio to create a heightened user-experience.
- The Driving Experience: Attendees will get a first-hand look at the latest driving experiences through NAVTEQ's leading edge portfolio of map products and features.
- View a demonstration of NAVTEQ's ever expanding visual content portfolio including its most recent product, Enhanced 3D City Models, launching at CES.
- NAVTEQ Smart Solutions for Auto/PND is an easy-to-customize application that lets OEMs bring connected navigation services to market quickly.
- The Pedestrian Experience: Using an inter-active demo, attendees can experience the latest in pedestrian navigation, with NAVTEQ Discover Cities(TM) as well as NAVTEQ's visual content designed to improve pedestrian guidance through better orientation. This hands-on demo allows attendees to experience first hand how Enhanced 3D City Models provides a premier on-foot experience for both locals and visitors to major metropolitan areas.
- NAVTEQ Green Streets(TM): This kiosk demonstrates how NAVTEQ map features and products enable eco-routing, eco-driving, predictive cruise control and hybrid vehicle regeneration opportunities to enable applications that economize on fuel and carbon emissions.
NAVTEQ's enabling technologies offer a glimpse into how NAVTEQ obtains the highest quality levels in data collection as well as the future of location-based innovation:
- NAVTEQ True(TM): View NAVTEQ's automated mobile mapping collection system, representing the most advanced mobile mapping technology in use today. Deploying a sophisticated network of rotating LIDAR, panoramic and hi-resolution multi-view cameras, NAVTEQ is able to collect and maintain a robust set of map attributes that enable applications to go beyond simple guidance. NAVTEQ's real-time review of collection input is made possible with their in-vehicle-multi-monitor and viewing processing system implemented to enhance collection efficiencies.
- NAVTEQ Smart Solutions for Auto/PND - Broadcast Tools, HD and RDS Distribution: NAVTEQ offers HD Radio and RDS broadcast distribution of dynamic content including NAVTEQ Traffic(TM), Weather and Fuel prices to end-users in more than 80 markets through the United States.
- NAVTEQ Traffic(TM): Find out how NAVTEQ Traffic(TM) enables reliable routing and provides an accurate picture of real world traffic conditions to help travelers reach their destinations faster and more efficiently. NAVTEQ Traffic(TM) is available in North America and Europe.
"For CES 2010, NAVTEQ is demonstrating the continuing advancements in navigation and location solutions and naturally our role in driving these innovations," shared Jeff Mize, executive vice president, sales, NAVTEQ. "End-users increasingly expect more from their experience and that experience is evolving daily. Our innovative offerings, such as NAVTEQ LocationPoint(TM) Advertising, and next-generation technology, including Enhanced 3D City Models and NAVTEQ True(TM), ultimately enables our customers to meet the needs of today's active consumer lifestyle by enhancing their end-user's experience."
NAVTEQ is the leading global provider of digital map, traffic and location data that enables navigation and location-based platforms around the world. NAVTEQ supplies comprehensive digital map information to power automotive navigation systems, portable and wireless devices, Internet-based mapping applications and government and business solutions. The Chicago-based company was founded in 1985 and has approximately 4,400 employees located in 195 offices and in 44 countries.
NAVTEQ, NAVTEQ Traffic, LocationPoint Advertising, Map Reporter, Discover Cities, NAVTEQ Green Streets and NAVTEQ True are trademarks in the U.S. and other countries. All rights reserved.