LOS ANGELES, May 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- National Association of Women Business Owners Los Angeles Chapter (NAWBO-LA) is pleased to announce its honorees for its 30th Annual Leadership & Legacy Awards Luncheon set for June 17, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. at the JW Marriott at LA Live.
The National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) was founded in 1975. Today, the organization has over 5,000 members and 60 chapters across the country and serves as the voice of America's 10.1 million women entrepreneurs across all industries.
NAWBO-LA is a leading and innovative chapter of NAWBO since its inception in 1979 in the entrepreneurial capital of Los Angeles. NAWBO-LA annually recognizes outstanding business and community leaders for their distinct leadership and contributions to empowering women business owners.
The highly anticipated annual Leadership & Legacy Gala will be hosted by Christine N. Simmons, President and Chief Operations Officer of the two-time WNBA Champion Los Angeles Sparks, along with Keynote Speaker, Tina Aldatz, entrepreneur and current CEO of Savvy Travelers.
"We look back on NAWBO-LA's 30+ year history of supporting our city's women entrepreneurs with great pride, and are pleased to celebrate these current leaders — our honorees. We look forward to continuing to strengthen a community of fellow aspiring women business owners, dreamers, and successors," said Hilary Lentini, owner of Lentini Design & Marketing, Inc. and president of NAWBO-LA.
NAWBO-LA's 30th Annual Leadership & Legacy Awards honorees are selected on the basis of their entrepreneurial leadership and community inspiration. This year's list represents the best of Los Angeles.
This year's honorees are:
- INNOVATOR – Jess Weiner, CEO/Founder of Talk to Jess
- RISING STAR – Michele Ruiz, President and CEO of Ruiz Strategies
- INSPIRATION – Hanna Lim, Co-Founder and President of Lollaland
- ENTREPRENEUR – Sally Thomas Cooper, Founder of Lusive Décor, Luxe Light and Home and Thomas Cooper Studio
- DIVERSITY CHAMPION – Phillip A. Washington, CEO of Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- LEADERSHIP – Jane A. Skeeter, Founder/CEO of UltraGlas, Inc.
- LEADERSHIP – Madelyn Alfano, Owner & President of Maria's Italian Kitchen
- COMMUNITY LEADER – Betsy Butler, Executive Director of the California Women's Law Center
To read the Honorees, Keynote Speaker and Emcee bios, click here.
NAWBO-LA appreciates the value of building sustainable partnerships with individuals and organizations that align themselves with its own mission of propelling women entrepreneurs into economic, social and political spheres of power. These partnerships strengthen the wealth creating capacity of our members, promote economic development, and help make innovative and effective changes in the business culture, building strategic alliances, coalitions and affiliations, transforming public policy and influencing opinion makers.
Although still a work in progress, this year's Leadership & Legacy Awards Luncheon is thus far sponsored by the following:
• Bank of America Merrill Lynch
• Union Bank
• Ernst & Young
• Southern California Edison
• Northrop Grumman
• Anthem Blue Cross
• Redwood Resources
TABLE SPONSORS AS OF MAY 14:
• Barbara Lazaroff
• Community Bank
• Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro)
• Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA)
• Metropolitan Water District (MWD)
• Madelyn Alfano, Maria's Italian Kitchen
• Mattel, Inc.
• Sheppard Mullin
• Southern California Edison (SCE)
• U.S. Bank
• Woodbury University – School of Business
• WYN Women's YPO Network
NAWBO-LA is proud to call these individuals and organizations partners and is grateful for their continued support in promoting the success of women business owners and the entrepreneurial spirit.
If you or your organization would like to sponsor this event, please email email@example.com or call (213) 622-3200.
To purchase tickets, tables and ads, please click here or call (213) 622-3200.
Date & Time: Friday, June 17, 2016 – 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Place: JW Marriott at LA Live, 900 W. Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90015
For more information on this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (213) 622-3200.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nawbo-las-30th-annual-leadership--legacy-awards-luncheon-300273150.html