DALLAS, Sept. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Neiman Marcus announces a newly redesigned blog entitled, the blog. This replaces the brand's existing blog, NMdaily. The new URL is blog.neimanmarcus.com.
The blog upgrade was in response to shifts in the social media landscape. Designed to showcase rich visual content, the blog offers options for full-screen viewing. In addition, commenting is enabled and content can easily be shared via today's most relevant social networks. Updates from Neiman Marcus' photo-centric social accounts including Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr and Pinterest will be displayed on the blog. The new blog is more conducive to shopping, featuring editors picks and reviews with convenient links to e-commerce.
The editorial focus of the blog is style inspiration and the lifestyles of fashion insiders. The editorial team, led by Jean Scheidnes, will continue many of the signature features including:
- Conversation With (designer interview)
- Ten Things (curated list of recommendations by a designer or fashion influencer)
- Happy Hour (weekly cocktail created by the NM mixologist)
- Out of Office (travelogue)
- On Set (behind the scenes of a fashion shoot with top industry talent)
- Street Style
- Fashion Week coverage
A number of new editorial features have been introduced, including:
- Inspired (homage to a celebrity or fashion influencer's look)
- NM Weddings (real weddings of NM brides)
- Horoscopes (monthly horoscopes by Susan Miller of AstrologyZone)
The title, the blog, expresses the blog's ties to Neiman Marcus' iconic magalog, the book.
In addition to editorial content, the blog features a Press Room, where fashion editors and bloggers may access the brand's latest press releases and photo assets for their own use.
Neiman Marcus, Inc. operations include the Specialty Retail Stores segment and the Direct Marketing segment. The Specialty Retail Stores segment consists primarily of Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman stores. The Direct Marketing segment conducts both print catalog and online operations under the Neiman Marcus, Horchow and Bergdorf Goodman brand names. Information about the Company can be accessed at www.NeimanMarcusGroup.com.
SOURCE Neiman Marcus