SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nektar Therapeutics (Nasdaq: NKTR) will host an Investor and Analyst R&D Day for its institutional investors and research analysts on Tuesday, October 8, 2013 from 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET in New York City.
Howard Robin, President and CEO, and senior executives of Nektar will present on Nektar's continued progress with its proprietary clinical drug candidates, its technology platform and its research pipeline.
Expert medical and scientific leaders in the fields of pain and oncology will be featured speakers at the meeting, including:
- Pain management:
- Jeff Gudin, M.D., Clinical Instructor of Anesthesiology at Mt. Sinai University School of Medicine and Director of Pain and Palliative Care at Englewood Hospital and Medical Center
- Lynn Webster, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, CRI Lifetree Salt Lake City Research Center
- Jack Henningfield, Ph.D., Vice President, Research, Health Policy, & Abuse Liability, PinneyAssociates
- Jeff Rosen, M.D., Medical Director of Clinical Research of South Florida
- Edith A. Perez, M.D., Deputy Director of Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, Group Vice Chair of Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology, and Serene M. and Frances C. Durling Professor of Medicine at Mayo Clinic
- Michelle Melisko, M.D., Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Seema Nagpal, M.D., Clinical Assistant Professor of Neurology and Neurological Sciences, Stanford School of Medicine
A live webcast of the Investor and Analyst R&D Day can be accessed by visiting the investor relations section of Nektar's website at http://www.nektar.com. A replay will also be available for 30 days following the event.
Nektar Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company developing novel therapeutics based on its PEGylation and advanced polymer conjugation technology platforms. Nektar has a robust R&D pipeline of potentially high-value therapeutics in oncology, pain and other therapeutic areas. In the area of pain, Nektar has an exclusive worldwide license agreement with AstraZeneca for naloxegol (NKTR-118), an investigational drug candidate, which has completed Phase 3 development as a once- daily, oral tablet for the treatment of opioid-induced constipation. For naloxegol, a Marketing Authorisation Application (MAA) in the EU has been accepted for filing and a New Drug Application (NDA) in the US have been submitted for filing. The agreement with AstraZeneca also includes NKTR-119, an earlier stage development program that is a co-formulation of naloxegol and an opioid. NKTR-181, a novel mu-opioid analgesic candidate for chronic pain conditions, is in Phase 2 development in osteoarthritis patients with chronic knee pain. NKTR-192, a novel mu-opioid analgesic in development to treat acute pain is in Phase 1 clinical development. In oncology, etirinotecan pegol (NKTR-102) is being evaluated in a Phase 3 clinical study (the BEACON study) for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer and is also in Phase 2 studies for the treatment of ovarian and colorectal cancers. In anti-infectives, Amikacin Inhale is in Phase 3 studies conducted by Bayer Healthcare as an adjunctive treatment for intubated and mechanically ventilated patients with Gram-negative pneumonia.
Nektar's technology has enabled eight approved products in the U.S. or Europe through partnerships with leading biopharmaceutical companies, including UCB's Cimzia® for Crohn's disease and rheumatoid arthritis, Roche's PEGASYS® for hepatitis C and Amgen's Neulasta® for neutropenia. Additional development-stage products that leverage Nektar's proprietary technology platform include Baxter's BAX 855, a long-acting PEGylated rFVIII program, which is in Phase 3 clinical development.
Nektar is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with additional operations in Huntsville, Alabama and Hyderabad, India. Further information about the company and its drug development programs and capabilities may be found online at http://www.nektar.com.
TO RSVP FOR EVENT: Susan Noonan, +212- 966-3650, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Nektar Therapeutics