CHICAGO, Oct. 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Starting today, NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE is teaming up with six inspirational bakers from diverse backgrounds and equipping them with all the tools, ingredients and a kitchen space in Chicago to bring this promise to life through its #BakeSomeGood campaign. Each day, for 100 days, the Toll House Bakers will be baking to brighten someone's day and share memorable moments that celebrate the good in the world. Together, they will challenge one another to do more, think bigger, and let acts of good speak louder than words.
"While baking is a small individual act of love, we absolutely believe that together, we can bake the world a better place," said Hyder Raheem, Vice President, Nestlé Baking Division."With our bakers, we're making sure our actions speak louder than words and empowering others who share our passion to change the world one small act at a time. Baking isn't just about recipes and ingredients, it's about the personal expression and a delicious way to show others you care."
The Toll House Bakers will bake to appreciate the under-appreciated, celebrate the big and the small, and simply to say thank you to those in the community. Drawing from their own exceptional personal experiences and passion points, the following six individuals have been selected to lead the #BakeSomeGood campaign:
- Sarah: Internationally adopted and raised by a single mother in an all-female family, Sarah takes a "conquer the world" approach to life. Her love for baking started at age 3, creating imaginary baked goods for her stuffed animals. With the #BakeSomeGood mission, she is inspired to bake for those behind-the-scenes of everyday life who do not get the recognition they deserve.
- Eric: A full-time police officer and regional hostage negotiator, Eric bakes for the force and his community, in his words, "to reinforce their worth through personal acknowledgment and honor." His specialty is "Cop Cakes," which he sees as a simple piece of encouragement to tell people, "I appreciate what you do."
- Cherise: Cherise is dedicated to inspiring and creating opportunities for the community. With a background that includes starting her own non-profit and directing a children's cooking show in Chicago, the opportunity to join the #BakeSomeGood movement represents the ability to act on her core beliefs.
- Hayley: Hayley discovered her love of baking in an unlikely way when she was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. Unable to enjoy the foods she grew up eating, she had to come up with new ways to bake her favorite recipes. Passionate about helping others in the same situation, she shares her story and recipes with the larger Crohn's community.
- Soyoung: Chef by profession and baker by desire, Soyoung believes in the infectious ability to make someone's day by baking and lifting the spirits of unsuspecting people. Her hope is that the bakers' stories, causes, and the #BakeSomeGood mission will touch the lives of others and inspire them enough to take part in the movement.
- Kate: Stepping out of her everyday life in support of the #BakeSomeGood mission, Kate relocated to Chicago to achieve her baking dreams. She believes baking is the physical form of sharing joy, saying, "Have you seen the glimmer in a person's eyes when they've hit their flow? Watched them lose track of time? Felt the energy, joy, and light radiating from them? It's pure magic. It's how I feel in the kitchen."
Get to know the bakers and stay up-to-date on their activities throughout the 100 days by following along with @NestleTollHouse on its social pages. Join the movement and share your act of good by using the hashtag #BakeSomeGood during the holidays and baking season. For information about the NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE brand and recipe ideas, visit www.verybestbaking.com.
About Nestlé USA
Named one of "The World's Most Admired Food Companies" in Fortune magazine for nineteen consecutive years, Nestlé provides quality brands that bring flavor to life every day. From nutritious meals with LEAN CUISINE® to baking traditions with NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE, Nestlé USA makes delicious, convenient, and nutritious food and beverages that make good living possible. That's what "Nestlé. Good Food, Good Life" is all about. Nestlé USA, with 2015 sales of $9.7 billion, is part of Nestlé S.A. in Vevey, Switzerland — the world's largest food company with a commitment to Nutrition, Health & Wellness — with 2015 sales of $92 billion. Nestlé is celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2016, and we're commemorating our legacy by honoring our past and rich history, engaging the present with our customers and consumers and looking forward to the future with our commitment to Creating Shared Value and Nutrition, Health and Wellness. For product news and information, visit Nestleusa.com or Facebook.com/NestleUSA.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nestle-toll-house-teams-up-with-six-passionate-change-makers-to-bakesomegood-for-100-consecutive-days-300345355.html
SOURCE Nestlé USA