SAN JOSE, Calif., April 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Netformx®, the leader in collaborative requirements-to-order solutions today announced the general availability of Netformx DesignXpert® version 15.1, the global leader in enterprise technology design and proposal generation. The latest release incorporates major architecture changes along with performance improvements for faster search queries, larger Netformx KnowledgeBase™, and shorter production cycles. Netformx DesignXpert now officially supports Microsoft Windows 8 and Office 2013 including Surface Pro tablets for greater deployment flexibility. This release also includes many improvements to speed up the design of products and services from the only comprehensive multi-vendor content library for technology products from top technology suppliers including Cisco, HP, Juniper, Avaya, Adtran, APC, Belden, Plantronics, Polycom, and TrippLite.
Highlights for Netformx DesignXpert Version 15.1
- Supported Platforms include Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Enterprise and Microsoft Office 2013 Professional 32-bit Edition and support for Surface Pro Tablets running Windows 8 Pro.
- Architecture changes were made to the Netformx KnowledgeBase with a migration from Microsoft Access database to Microsoft SQL for 400% faster search queries and better support for upcoming features and new vendors.
- Administrative controls provide greater flexibility and speed for large-scale enterprise deployments including the ability to support roaming profiles for deployments on Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and Remote Desktops.
- Network Discovery enhancements deliver expanded coverage for Cisco IOS. Juniper Networks products were refreshed with added device details and deeper discovery capabilities. HP/3Com devices and optimizations now perform better discoveries including large networks (+10,000 devices).
- Design improvements focused on new LinkXpert capabilities for viewing select IP addresses, port and slot numbers, and port descriptions in addition to expanded product coverage for Juniper Networks.
- CCW enhancements include advanced ConfigSet import capabilities to search and filter ConfigSet ID's and date ranges to find the desired configuration to import into Netformx DesignXpert.
- Integration to Netformx Cloud (beta release) to enable Netformx DesignXpert users to save/backup projects and assets; includes mobile optimized access.
- "With every version of our flagship product, we strive to deliver more value for our customers by focusing on performance, device coverage and greater deployment flexibility," said Ittai Bareket, CEO at Netformx. "This release represents an important step to delivering significantly improved performance and new capabilities for future releases which will directly contribute to our customer's success and drive better overall profitability for their business."
- Learn more about Netformx DesignXpert, the global leader in enterprise technology design and proposal generation, and details on the latest release of DesignXpert Version 15.
- Review the Release Notes for Netformx DesignXpert version 15.1.
- Read the Pipeline article and interview with Mike Fitz, Vice President of Solution at Sprint entitled The Next Profitability Challenge: Enterprise Cloud.
- Connect with Netformx on Twitter.
Netformx is the leader in collaborative requirements-to-order software solutions for enterprise technology. Netformx's customers include service providers, systems integrators and equipment vendors who rely on the company's award-winning solutions to create and sell the information, communications, and technology solutions that power business.
Netformx has over 2,680 solution providers as customers in more than 144 countries. Customers include AT&T, Belgacom, Bell, CDW, CenturyLink, Cisco, Dimension Data, HP, Insight, Juniper, Orange Business Services, Sprint, Swisscom, Telstra, Verizon, and WWT. The Netformx KnowledgeBase™ is the only comprehensive multi-vendor content library for technology products, including specifications, validation rules, pricing, ordering information, and discovery mappings from top technology suppliers including Cisco, Brocade, HP, Juniper, Avaya, APC, Belden, Plantronics, Polycom, and TrippLite.
More information can be found at www.Netformx.com.
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.