BALTIMORE, Oct. 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Leaders in the market of lifelong learning, continuing education, and professional development will come together October 27 and 28 at the Lord Baltimore Hotel in Baltimore, MD for the Leading Learning Symposium, created and hosted by Tagoras, Inc. (http://www.tagoras.com/).
"The market for adult lifelong learning has evolved tremendously over the past decade," explains Jeff Cobb, co-founder of Tagoras, "but to date there has not been a forum where industry leaders can connect with peers and really focus on continuing education and professional development as a business. The Leading Learning Symposium fills that gap."
The symposium will be driven by active and collaborative learning experiences designed to model best practices in adult learning and help participants boost the reach, revenue, and impact of their education businesses. Program highlights include:
- An opening Priming Activity, based on the JumpStart Storytelling approach pioneered by symposium faculty member Seth Kahn
- "Hot seats" to provide attendees with the opportunity to present challenges or opportunities they are facing to the group and get rapid feedback and advice
- A series of brief Content Pods each morning to stimulate thought and discussion and provide ideas to try out in the afternoon sessions
- Afternoon application sessions, or App Labs, in which attendees work collaboratively with peers and faculty members to solve a problem or develop innovative opportunities in situations highly relevant to their everyday work
- Leadership microcoaching sessions led by faculty member and leadership expert Lisa A. Bing
- Curated Connections sessions in which attendees with shared interests will come together for informal but focused discussion
Faculty for the symposium include Cobb and Steele as well as Seth Kahan, founder of Association Transformation, Wes Trochlil, president of Effective Database Management, LLC, and Lisa Bing, president of Bing Consulting Group.
Tagoras co-founder, Celisa Steele understands that the content delivered at the symposium needs to be highly targeted and shaped to the greatest degree possible to meet the needs of attendees. "We described this as a 'consultative conference' because we are putting so much effort into understanding the attendees' current challenges and opportunities. We have a highly experienced faculty – all seasoned consultants – but we won't be talking at the attendees, we'll be working with them to them develop real solutions. We are striving to make the content and the interactions we facilitate as relevant as possible to attendees."
The Leading Learning Symposium is designed to be only one part of an overall process and ongoing community. "We're providing a focused selection of content prior to the event to help build common knowledge among attendees. We'll also be sharing post-event materials and we have recently launched an online community where symposium attendees and others can continue the types of conversations that will be central to the learning that occurs at the symposium," explains Cobb.
Sponsors for the event include Digital Ignite, now part of YourMembership, makers of the Crowd Wisdom learning platform, Higher Logic, a provider of private online community software, and Classroom24-7, a full-service online education company.
More information about the symposium can be found at http://leadinglearning.tagoras.com/.
About Tagoras, Inc.
Tagoras provides expert strategy, marketing and technology consulting services to organizations in the business of lifelong learning. Clients include associations and other membership organizations, publishers, learning technology companies, training firms, and consultancies.
The firm was founded in 2007 by Jeff Cobb and Celisa Steele, seasoned entrepreneurs with a unique blend of experience in marketing, technology, and education.
711 Rosemary Street
Suite D | Box C
Carrboro, NC 27510