DOWNERS GROVE, Ill., Oct. 14, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The CompTIA Instructor Network, a new LinkedIn community aimed at providing instructors with resources, support and training in a peer-to-peer setting, was introduced today by CompTIA, the information technology (IT) industry trade association and the leading provider of vendor-neutral skills certifications for the world's IT workforce.
The CompTIA Instructor Network is open to instructors around the world who actively deliver training or intend to train students on CompTIA certification courses. This includes high school teachers, college and university professors, commercial training instructors, corporate trainers, government trainers, self-employed instructors and publishers' authors and instructors.
"These educators are the lifeblood of our certification program," said Todd Thibodeaux, president and CEO, CompTIA. "We want to do everything we can to support them and nurture their growth."
By joining the CompTIA Instructor Network instructors can:
- Share best practices and resources with their peers.
- Receive free training and tools from CompTIA to enrich the training experience.
- Communicate and collaborate with CompTIA staff and other instructors.
- Gain access to resources for their students so they can better understand the critical and valuable role certifications play in an IT career.
"Trainers are now sharing with one another, often haphazardly, to fill in whatever gaps their training resources have," said Nicholas Lane, a technical instructor with New Horizons and member of CompTIA Instructor Network advisory committee. "With such gaps in communication and relationship, a network is needed to create structure."
Among the many highlights of the CompTIA Instructor Network is an exclusive webinar series consisting of the following:
- Deep Dive – A weekly webinar series that goes beyond the surface to examine CompTIA certifications in depth. The first Deep Dive, focused on the CompTIA A+ 900 Series certification, is scheduled for November 4.
- Instructor Spotlight – A monthly webinar series where instructors will share insights into their classroom methodologies and instructional strategies.
- The Pulse – A monthly webinar series featuring IT industry experts discussing current industry trends, issues and best practices.
"I believe the networking opportunities are very valuable," said Dr. Deanne Cranford-Wesley, department chair, Davis iTec Center, Forsyth Technical Community College, and advisory committee member. "The idea of being a part of a community of like individuals is important. Also, the aspect of sharing ideas and seeking information from others that are teaching similar course is awesome."
"Already it has been incredibly positive to connect with like-minded activists and educators and become part of a potential community, sharing good practices amongst other experiences," said Andrew Smith, senior lecturer in networking, The Open University and member of the CompTIA Instructor Network advisory committee.
To join the CompTIA Instructor Network or to learn more, visit www.comptia.org/CIN.