HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Jan. 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Sears Holdings announced today that customers flocked to Sears.com and Kmart.com during the holiday shopping season, fueled by new product categories and new functionalities designed to provide shopping solutions to customers.
"We would like to thank our customers who helped make the Web sites of Sears Holdings amazing successes this holiday season. We actively listen to customer feedback and because of that, we were able to provide both exciting and unique products and services," said Imran Jooma, senior vice president for Online at Sears Holdings. "Our customers motivate us to continually improve our store and online offerings. As a result, we were able to launch such programs as, international shipping, Sears2Go - our easy-to-use mobile commerce site, a gift finder, and many other features to make shopping easier. We were thrilled to make holiday shopping in 2009 more convenient than ever before."
2009 was the first holiday season that customers have been able to do their holiday shopping as part of the ShopYourWay program, which offers several options and tools to make shopping convenient for customers and to help them literally shop their way. The ability to allow customers to order online and pick up in store or order through their mobile phones, are just some of the many features that helped Sears.com jump from number six to number four this year in Hitwise's traffic ranking(1) - further evidence that Sears.com is offering an exceptional online experience that is transforming the way customers shop.
Holiday shopping highlights of Sears.com and Kmart.com include:
- The weight of the Kenmore 500 Series washers and electric dryers purchased surpasses the gross take-off weight of a Boeing 747-400.
- The number of Craftsman NEXTEL 12-volt Auto Hammers sold can hammer in almost two billion nails.
- If each customer ran five miles a week for a year on treadmills they bought, they would be able to burn enough calories to equal the consumption of more than 200,000 ice cream sundaes.
- The number of sold trampolines, stacked together, would be six times the height of the world's tallest skyscraper.
- Some of the longest shipping distances included Chicago to Hanoi, Vietnam and Chicago to Sydney, Australia.
"During this holiday season, we were excited to unveil many new products and services that help make online shopping with Sears.com, Kmart.com and the entire family of Sears Holdings' Web sites both unique and rewarding year-round," said Jooma. "We are thrilled to provide our customers with products and services they may not typically expect us to offer."
Highlights of some of the new online products and services offered during the holiday season that can also make shopping fast, easy and convenient the rest of the year include:
- Sending a gift to friends or family who live overseas? Sears.com has you covered with thousands of items that are now available for international shipping. Don't know what to send? No fear, Sears personal shoppers can help you select the perfect gift - and they won't even tell anyone you had help!
- Tired of the bone-chilling cold weather? No problem, Sears.com carries hot tubs and saunas to warm anyone in even the coldest conditions.
- Can't find the perfect shoe to match that dress hanging in the closet? Sears.com has you covered with the new Personal Shoefinder. Simply e-mail a photo of your dress and personal shoppers will send back shoe recommendations, just for you, within 24 hours! The perfect service to use for parties, proms or just because you need help.
- Longing to invite your friends over for a rousing night of game play that includes more than "Go Fish" or "Crazy Eights"? Now is your chance to win a Dream Game Room from Sears.com. Simply channel the inner pool shark in you and submit a video of your best billiards shot here. Then, the voting begins. The entry with the greatest amount of votes wins the Dream Game Room.
- Looking for a stylish gift for a birthday or other special occasion? Sears.com can give you access to the exclusive new Rock and Redemption line of jewelry products, created by New York's award-winning jewelry designer Michael Spirito.
- Plus, many customers took advantage of the added feature of Buy Online, Pick Up In Store that is backed by Sears' Ready in 5 Guarantee including curbside pick up at select locations.
"Sears Holdings is committed to providing an exceptional online shopping experience and we will continue to listen to our customers and evolve our sites to meet their many needs," said Jooma.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with approximately 3,900 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, home electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered exclusively by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 12 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation.
For more information, visit Sears Holdings' Web site at http://www.searsholdings.com.
(1) Sears.com is ranked number four among ecommerce sites while among multichannel retailer sites it is ranked number three.
SOURCE Sears Holdings Corporation